Struggling with the "just once" delirium

This afternoon some people talked about GTA V Online next to me. Now I constantly see clips of me playing GTA in my head. I can vividly see me doing missions, heists and jobs. I can vividly see all my vehicles. I’m romanticising gaming like crazy. Why can’t I game just once? What’s so bad about it? It won’t have any physical effects on me right away. I honestly feel like gaming would be a lot of fun right now and that I can deal with the disappointment. Playing the tape isn’t working at all.
Any advice to get rid of those cravings, because they break my heart ATM?

Try doing something else to take your mind off of it, maybe go for a hike? Do something out of the house so you aren’t as tempted?

1 Like

If I said to you why can’t I have just one drink I know you would have a list of advise for me.
Go outside
Play some music
Stay in here at chat
Call someone
Cook
Build a fort
Etc

Read back you old posts, you have come so far!!!
:muscle::slight_smile:

5 Likes

Because you know that deep down it wouldn’t be just one hour of gaming, you would know that you would slip back easily into your old routine fixating around the game.

3 Likes

Same as me. I’d love a glass of wine. Just one. I can have just one nice glass a wine. Right? What would be wrong with it? 3 or 4 bottles of wine later how do you think I’m gonna feel. Get outside! Go for a long hard fast walk pissed off we can’t do some shit others can. Sometimes I get so angry on my walks and I get it out of my system.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes