Stupid Question

I know this is a stupid question I’m trying to stay clean but here and there I have been slipping. So every time I slip I guess I’m back to day one? Right? I know it’s stupid! I just feel like I have been making progress but at the same time there are days I have been struggling with anxiety and I give in and take a piece of Xanax to take the edge off. I know it’s a relapse but I’m doing better in a sense that I’m not doing it everyday anymore. The cravings, the anxiety and depression is just really messing with my head!!!

2 Likes

It’s really up to you to decide if it’s a reset.

If it was me, my goal is to stay sober, if I consume alcohol then I’m not sober, so I’d reset.

But that’s not the important part. What’s important are the days that you are sober and learning how to stay sober. To stay sober, focus on staying sober in this moment.

4 Likes

Not a stupid question. All our paths are different. For me, that line of thinking always eventually lead me down a horrible path. I set up rules to abide by, patted myself on the back for doing better…and slowly I was back to being a drunk. For me, i finally decided to be sober…and i cut it all out.

4 Likes

It’s not a stupid question, but in my view, it’s most certainly a reset. Every single time.

If I drank half a shot, because of nerves it would be a reset for me. I took a hit off someone’s marijuana pen it would be a reset.

Our paths may be different but the goal is the same, freedom from use.

1 Like

You’re trying to stay clean. Even that is something to be commended for. As long as you keep trying you will get there. I did and it took alot of days of failing before I did.

1 Like