Suboxone Treatment

I’m on day 15 of Suboxone for recovery from prescription pain meds. I’ve found it to be a miracle! 30 mins after taking my first dose (4 mg 1X day) my w/ds were completely gone and I feel great! I’m wondering what your experience with Suboxone has been? I want to taper off quickly so as not to exchange one addiction for another but my treatment team recommends one year?! Not to mention it’s very expensive (no insurance) and hard to find a doc who can prescribe. Your thoughts?

2 Likes

That’s really reassuring to hear :slight_smile: glad it worked for you!

I was addicted to that for 3 years and found it personally harder to get off of then oxycodone. Withdrawals aren’t as severe (no vomiting) but they lasted for like 3 weeks no joke. I recommend weening off as soon as possible maybe within the next 3 months? Just do it VERY slowly it’s a very potent drug where you can seriously cut tiny corners off the strip and ween off pretty painlessly! If you need it longer then don’t feel bad about it but I personally know tons of addicts who have tried it and with no success without meetings or working the program while weening off!

1 Like