Substance use

Finding it hard to stay abstinent from, Meth,Alcohol & Marijuana. Just wanted to vent my feelings & release a little tension to some degree.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Dee. You’ve got a lot on your plate, true, but know that others have recovered in situations similar to yours.

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate your encouragement.

1 Like

Welcome! Vent away!

2 Likes

Welcome Dee! So glad you found us.
I can relate, giving up multiple addictions at the same time was hard. For me, it was alcohol, cocaine and opiods. With the help of AA and this forum it got much easier over time. The longer I’ve been away from them, the less I think about picking up.

5 Likes

Thankyou Lisa07,

You sound very strong in your recovery & I am glad I have found this forum to express & discuss my issues. I too hope that it will get easier with time. Sending good vibes.

3 Likes

Welcome Dee! You are in the right place. There’s lots of great info, support and community here that can be very helpful on your sober journey.

2 Likes

Thanks Tracey that’s good to know, exactly what I need.

1 Like

I have been to numerous rehabilitation facilities & discuss extensivelyy addiction issues with my psychologist.

1 Like

Hi Dee, glad you are here as well. I did read the previous posts & responses.
So, you obviously have a desire to stop but are you willing to do whatever it takes to get & stay clean/sober?
Some of us had to just do it the no shit old school way or we were just going to keep going back out.
A sponsor, meetings, reading, step work, service, all of it. I would not be posting this if I had not as I’d be fucking dead. This drunk needed it all.

2 Likes

Im recovering from the same 3 substances among other drugs, been through many treatments detoxes and hospital stays to get me to the point where i was willing to do the work that it takes to stay sober. Its not easy but worth it once able to work a program that can keep us on track and maintain our sobriety. It really is life or death for alot of us. Glad you found us

2 Likes

I am clean & sober of all my previous addictions, I was merely venting my emotional distress. I do not find the AA/NA fellowships helpful as I have been in them numerous times.

1 Like

Being a member of a fellowship is not the only say to attain or sustain abstinence,everyone is different.

Yes, and I did not mean to offend. And, I did not tap on your icon to see your sobriety date. I was wrong and running my mouth before looking at all the facts. I do hope your struggle becomes less taxing. Hang in there.

1 Like

No offence taken, thanks for your support.