Sugar cravings! Go-to sugar kicks

I’ve had sugar cravings ever since early sobriety. They have subsided for sure but I have had a sweet tooth since I stopped drinking. I’m currently 1 year 10 months into sobriety and loving it. I’m just curious about your sober sugar cravings.

What’s your go-to?

Mine is ice cream in the evenings. :blush:

2 Likes

My first few weeks I had cake on stack, I’d wake up at like 2 in the morning every night and go down eat a piece and have a glass of milk lol. Now I’m kinda into trail mix with some m&Ms in it to help and it’s a lil healthier, and also I will occasionally get some ice cream and make some milkshakes when I wake up in the middle of the night lol

2 Likes

What I tell myself is–if the ice cream were my biggest problem I’d be thrilled. Whatever it takes to stay sober!

4 Likes

My Fiance has been making home made cookies from scratch :heart_eyes: He keeps enough dough in the fridge to always be able to make a fresh hot batch out of the oven! So far we had sugar cookies and chocolate chip.

2 Likes

Dr pepper! I quit soda for years, now i crave one here and there. Sugar hasnt been my thing for awhile but then i got this wild idea to make an ice cream cake? My 4 year old is digging sober moms life choices :woman_shrugging::rofl:

6 Likes

Oh! The syringe on the counter by the way was for feeding my sick cat hospital puree. I just realized how awkward that may look…

5 Likes

Make ice cream cake? Recipe please! Lol

2 Likes

Same for me! Ice cream :ice_cream: and Swedish fish. :blush:

1 Like

I didn’t have a recipe, i folliwed my heart, and my stomach :joy: but heres how i made it!
I made mine in a 9 inch pyrex pie dish.

Crust:
Two rows of oreos, creme removed, cookies smashed to bits. Using a double boiler, warm 2 heaping tablespoons of hot fudge ice cream topping and 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Mix with cookie bits off the stove so the cookies keep some crunch. Layer into bottom of pie dish, i used saran wrap and pressed into the pan by hand, i did not go up the sides. Freeze that layer while you wash up the double boiler, warm caramel sauce in double boiler, low so it doesn’t get too hot and begin to solidify. Put warmed caramel on top of crust layer, just enough to cover it, you want to be able to still see the crust through your caramel layer. Freeze again. I sued vanilla ice cream, let it soften a bit on the counter so you can push it down into the pan. Put it back in the freezer. Slice 2 bananas about 1/4 inch thich per slice. Layer them on the ice cream in a circle pattern so they have some small gaps between each coin. Pour maraschino cherry juice over the bananas and tilt dish around to fill gaps in bananas. Freeze until juice and banana is solid. 1 large container of cool whip on top, freeze solid. I sliced maraschino cherries in half and dried them thoroughly to avoid bleeding onto the topping. Add nuts if you like them! (I dont) and freeze until youre ready! Boom. Banana split ice cream cake, by yours truly.

1 Like

Ice cream and M&M’s… :drooling_face:

Trying to stay away from added sugar! Need to get back on my keto plan.