Super depressed, but don't want to drink

Thanks for the help.

3 Likes

hang in there. I know that sounds trite, but this too shall pass. I am not as far along as you are, but I’ve been much farther in the past than I am now. I get really bored early on, including this go-around. I filled a lot of my time figuring out how to get alcohol and hide it - figure out how to get money without my wife (the accountant) knowing where it came from, etc… when I’m not drinking, I have lots of time on my hands and sometimes I can only think of drinking to fill it. Stay strong.

1 Like

Hi @chuck1 I can tell you what I did when i got to were you are at I would go to a meeting that would usually take care of the feelings. Try going to as many meetings as you can. Don’t give up.

1 Like

It’s great to hear that you are not turning to the drink as a crutch.

Remember that this free time is a great gift that you want to appreciate as soon as possible after you get past the emotions. Try to figure out why you are miserable without alcohol and work through it.

Think of some things that make you happy and do more of those. Try both old favorites and new ideas. Spend some of the alcohol savings on treats and rewards. Your 30 days is coming up so celebrate with something fun: Shopping trip, new gadget, take a yoga class, etc. Well done on three weeks by the way!

3 Likes