Support in Canada

I’m getting all this amazing advice and links for support. I’m just wondering if anyone knows of any Canadian recourses that are available and helpful

1 Like

There are free group programs available world wide. I dropped a link to intherooms.com on your other thread. That platform has all types of groups and meetings.

Here’s another link.

4 Likes

How about NA for in person support? There are people on this forum from Canada that have had success in NA.

https://canaacna.org/

Here’s a link for SMART recovery also available in Canada.

2 Likes

Where I live the NA groups are a bunch of people who HAVE to be there for like probation or parole or have less than 2 months clean and are still on their first or second step so getting a sponsor is out of the question

I’ll be checking out the online ones and then probably look for another in person meeting maybe a town or 2 over

3 Likes

I ran into that at NA meetings in my area too. There aren’t a lot of NA options near me but there are an abundance of AA meetings so I went to a few and finally found my people in the women only meetings. I’ve been going over 4 years and they all know cocaine and opioids were my main vices but I do respect the room and introduce myself as an alcoholic/addict. In the end, addiction is all the same.

4 Likes