Surprises on day 2

Well today has been interesting. I woke up feeling pretty good. I actually got some housework done! One of the many things suffering from my alcoholism. But then my stomach got all kinds of upset, I got moody and exhausted! I wasn’t expecting all that! I tried to nap but couldn’t. Finally got upset and stayed crying. The hubster patted me on the head, gave me melatonin, took my phone away and shuffled me back to bed. I actually got a bit of a nap. I’m past the witching hour of my usual drinking time now and I’ve done really good today. Hubster is so supportive and is so understanding. So lots of things I didn’t expect happened today and not all of them were bad. 45 hours sober.

7 Likes

First days are the first. It’s part of the detox when you feel sick and tired and moody. Your body works hard to get rid of the poison. It is great that you have a supporting husband. You can make it! One day at a time!

3 Likes

Good job! It’s so good to hear that you have a supportive hunsband, that is so huge. You can do this. One foot in front of the other.

3 Likes