Surviving myself

Today is the first day of real clarity that I have been able to accomplish in a very long time. I’m tired of living in a fog. I’m tired of my perception of the outside world being skewed. I am ashamed to admit that I lost everything that I worked so hard to gain as a single parent. I have been sober from pills for almost 2 months and I have been sober from marijuana and cocaine for a week. I can’t believe that I actually just wrote that. Even though I only tried cocaine a handful of times I would still consider it to be just like any other addiction. The worst part about all of this is my own child’s father is still struggling with addiction and I have chosen to cut him out of my life completely. I know that this will be hard but I also know that it will be so worth it! I am excited to see where I am in life a year from now. I have survived being kidnapped, beat on a daily basis, strangled on a daily basis, a brain injury, and severe emotional abuse. Today is the day that I say NO MORE!! I remove myself from standing in my own way. I will do this for my children but most of all I will do this for myself.

15 Likes

I’m glad you’re here; you’re a survivor for sure, strong lady!:sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you so much for welcoming me… It feels so good to be honest with myself and others.

1 Like

Well done. This is it now, from this moment on the world can start to be whatever you want it to be, if you just put in a little bit of effort the emotional rewards will amaze you I promise. All the best for your journey ahead. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you… I’m working on harnessing my emotions and staying focused… I’m ready to pick up all the shattered pieces and rebuild :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome and God Bless you. Doing it for yourself is important but doing it for your kids IMO is even more admirable. It might make it a bit easier to do it for yourself eventually. I will never forget what my daughter said to us when we dropped her off at rehab. “I’m not doing this for me! But I’ll do it for you.” Tens years clean now :pray:. It’s a miracle! Any reason to be clean and or sober is a good reason.
You deserve it.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Good for you my sister , stay focus and keep that energy. Sounds like you’ve been thru quite the ordeals but now those aren’t only things that had made you a stronger woman, but it will also make you a Wiser , kind, compassionate mother who can set the example for your children. Now you can talk and give advice to woman who have gone thru what you went thru. It’s good you cut off the father of your kids , all you can do is pray for him and hopefully one day he too will try to change and perphaps you can be there for him on that time , for now stay focus on your recovery

Hi my name is Charles and I’m 114 days Clean off of Meth and I need to make new friends.

4 Likes

Hi and welcome! That’s really a great accomplishment!:clap::blush:

1 Like

You’ve made the right choice all the way around. You’re not going to be the best you can be for yourself and for your kids (no matter how old they might be) when you’re using. You might have a few rough months, or it might be a smooth transition, it’s hard to know because everyone is different, but it’s worth it.

1 Like

This made me cry… Thank you for the support :heart::heart:

Hey RoMac the thing is that we have to know that we need something greater then ourselves to keep us sober because we couldn’t do it based on self-knowledge or self will. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Getting a sponsor in a 12 step program can help you. I got one and next month I’ll have a year sober and clean from everything. Mainly my own mind that seems to be the real problem. Take care and you can do this.

1 Like

Thank you too. It’s been a rough couple of days for me and I kind of needed that compliment or acknowledgement. It feels good to know I could actually help. Stay strong.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Absolutely… I definitely have a testimony that I want to share and I want to help him stand back up when he’s ready to rebuild… But until then I have to focus on my own recovery.

1 Like

You can message me anytime!

I am proud of you stay strong stay focused as life will get better because you deserve better :heart::green_heart::heart:
It will be difficult but you know you can not keep on the downward path that suffocated what you deserve in life and that’s to be healthy be happy with your children
You can do it
As you have made the first massive step by making decisions that will lead you to the life you deserve
You got this
:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hey Charles :slight_smile: that’s awesome!! Loads of friends in here for you :blush::+1:t3:

Thank you ! :blush::blush::heart::heart::muscle::muscle:

You’re amazing! Welcome :blush:

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart: thanks girl!