"surviving the sober birthday bash challenge! 🥳

Good morning world!:sunny:

":tada: Celebrating my best friend’s birthday today with full swing preparations! :partying_face::notes: Exciting times with food, music, and a reunion with old buddies. :hamburger::musical_note: But, the challenge—booze on the menu! Ohh wait! What?:scream: How am I supposed to navigate this?

Stay tuned for today’s survival journey! :muscle::rocket:

#BirthdayBash #ChallengeAccepted #SoberCelebration"

4 Likes

A good exit plan and the willingness to execute it at a moments notice is always good practice​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

1 Like

Oh gosh, in the nicest possible way id absolutely advise against challenging yourself so early in your sobriety, why would you put yourself throught that? These early days youve got to be kind to yourself and protect your sobriety friend.

4 Likes

How did it go? Hope you enjoyed your friends birthday and found it manageable to protect your sobriety.

1 Like

:tada: The party was a blast! Amazing people, delicious food, music that got us grooving, gossip sessions, singing our hearts out, and a reunion filled with memories and nostalgia. :hamburger::notes::sparkles: Though drinks were offered, there was no pressure. I stayed strong, opting for soft drinks only. :cup_with_straw:

Now a bit tired—embracing a lazy Sunday. Recalling the moments, resting, and recharging for Monday. :zzz::rainbow:
Here’s to celebrating life’s moments without compromising our journey!

:muscle::star2: #SoberSuccess #MemorableMoments #LazySundayVibes

2 Likes

oh i love this and so happy that you had a wonderful time with friends and protected your sobriety.

Enjoy the lazy Sunday! :hugs:

1 Like

I’ve always found it’s easier to say “No thank you, I’m not drinking today.” No need to further explain it but it’s easier to just state that you aren’t engaging. I survived my Birthday by doing this. Fingers crossed you will survived your friends birthday doing the same!

1 Like

Ever been in a place surrounded by old buddies where everyone’s sipping on something and you’re there, holding a soda? :cup_with_straw: It can feel a bit like being on a solo island, right? Sometimes feel like a fish out of water :sweat_smile: Trying to fit in without taking what everyone else is can be tricky. Choosing sobriety in a sea of tempting offers can sometimes feel isolating and, let’s be honest, a bit boring. But here’s the thing—someone says it’s an art, a tactful navigation without hurting anyone’s feelings or disrupting the vibe. :art::sparkles: I am learning this to blend in without losing. It’s not about advising, just sharing the realness of those moments.:slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers to the art of navigating without spilling the soda or the vibe!:grinning: :star2::man_shrugging: