Surviving w full family home during quarantine

My sobriety is under full test!!! My 2 teens are home bc school is closed till end of month and they are to do cyber assignments. Today is day 1 and I’m ready to lose it. The arguments, the lying and defiance… I would have had a drink by now. How am I going to do this??? How am i going to avoid drinking??? Meetings closed in area , do not have a sponsor … ugh

7 Likes

I hear you…2 teens that fight over everything plus a husband who wants us all to do family stuff. LOL

I just want to watch the news or hiding in my bedroom.

:grin:

2 Likes

1 toddler and 1 boy who thinks is old enough to do everything alone and soooo bored all the time is not much better. Plus husband and me at home doing “home office”. We have a loooooong 5 weeks ahead of us… Plus in Germany they are closing down on everything in our state by Wednesday. We are not even allowed to go to the playground. OMG :tired_face: I feel you entirely on this. But the good thing is we are all in this together and we will all survive this together. This is the biggest sobriety test ever. And we will make it :muscle:t5::muscle:t5:

4 Likes

Buy them the Dungeons & Dragons starter box from Walmart. Boom! They are now occupied for the next century.

7 Likes

Hang in there and stay strong. Hang out here as much as possible. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Same situation here. We’re all being tested and we’ll get through this together. Stay strong everyone. 9 months from now there’s either going to be a lot of babies or a lot of divorces, maybe both. :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

My husband has been self quarantined for 10 days…he is feeling better ish. But now I am not seeing so great. Both a bit on edge. Anyway…had a couple of unfriendly conversations this evening (he had had a few drinks, so that doesn’t help either). I am going to watch a movie on my kindle…self isolation style. Tomorrow is another day.

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you may be right!

1 Like

Your going to survive this because you have to.
What ever it takes to stay sober so you can be there for your kids.
They are also restricted so are probably feeling frustrated as well.
Time to put the grown up pants on and start doing what needs to be done.

2 Likes

Get well soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ugh, teen years are the worst, good luck!

Yeah my daughters only been out of school 2 days and I’m ready to lock myself in my room. I was just starting to enjoy my alone time. After putting her on the bus every day I’d go to a meeting and then go workout. 7 hours alone. I’m sure my mans job will be closing down soon too(mine just did today) and that will make things worse. I hate the weekends bc he still drinks and it’s going to be a 24/7 weekend for him. No schedule for me makes for a depressed me. Totally feel you. My nerves are already being tested. Stay strong tho. I’m not thinking about drinking. I just need something to do so I wont turn into a total bitch.

1 Like

Can you get into the countryside. I don’t know where you live.

2 Likes

Yeah kinda. Theres some nature trails near me that hardly anyone ever goes to. Tomorrow I’m hoping its warmer. Supposed to be.

2 Likes

That’s great. We’ve been told it’s ok to get out as long as we stick to the 2 metres rule.