Swimmers thread 🏊🏻‍♀️

Please to say I went swimming today :grin::sunflower:

Sure it’s been almost a year and I feel great I can’t believe iv been missing out on this feeling!!
I took it easy, and i feel amazing :heart_eyes:
Hadn’t worn my watch for months until today.

2 Likes

@Juli1 Just seen your at 60 days congratulations :sparkler::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks:

1 Like

Yeahj thank you dear friend!
So glad when I saw your swim post popping up… And feel your happyness reading the lines. Good to have you back! :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Feel so uplifted mentally. The pool wasn’t too busy either which was really nice :slightly_smiling_face:
:sunflower:

2 Likes

Hi dear friend,
realy appreciate your comeback :hugs::blue_heart:

1 Like

:notes:

I usually listen to some music before swimming to have a flow in my mind already. Some fine electro or just some hero punkrock things lol. Love that. Would not use earphones, as I love to be able to be and to be on my own for about 1 hour underwater. Just the sound of breathing bubbles or some splashes through technique drills or during flip turn. Love it.

There is this guy, I c very often and have a similar pace with. He is always saying hi and sometimes he is making jokes underwater. We c each other upside down sometimes, if one is doing flipturn. At the end of his session he is doing some very astetique underwater art, diving and doing forms, turns and last time handstands. I felt like he enjoys when I am watching him and sometimes doing it especially for me. Today he did, for sure. As he waited starting, until I came to the end of the lane to follow him and definitely had to c him doing his funny stuff. Argh. He is making such nice pictures in my head.

Happy flow :blue_heart::man_cartwheeling:t2::notes::notes::notes:

2 Likes

Im glad to be back :star:
Thank you :+1:

I was looking at underwater headphones, but just thought the same takes away from the swim. I wouldn’t mind trying it out to see but I’m pretty sure unless you pay a big price they won’t be worth it for underwater. And just incase for any safety issues being able to hear if anything happens.

I have a big fear in the water the floor drains and lights under the water creep me out big time!!

This summer I plan to do some outside swimming in lakes. An adventure :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ouuhhh… I understand if it’s an older pool. I am afraid of these wave making machines. Glad there is non in regular pools!

I once even didnt hear the lifeguard, as I was crowling so enthusiastic with breathing just every 6th stroke… he was piping like crazy and even talking over the speakers, as there was a thunderstorm over the outdoor pool.
Lol. I was the only one in there.

Since I did the lifeguard education on my own,
I am more aware of several things :ring_buoy:

Hope you are planning your next set soon.
Appreciate meeting you back in ts swim club :blue_heart:

1 Like

My dear friend, do you also use a Huawei fit watch?

I use Huawei fit elegant since 2 years.
It was always reliable but since last months it is not counting the lanes correct if I am wearing fins and doing special technique training like streamline. It’s a bit frustrating if I smashed 2400 and it says only 1800 :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Maybe I will get a new watch next months, but I have to check if it’s good for swimming. My health insurance is even supporting wearables with 30 Euro :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes I do, mines old though Im sure.
This is it

I have a fit bit 4 unopened I have never used as I am so used to this one.
It seems to working ok for me … I think :thinking:

I paid £60 for it around 2 yrs ago then it went up in price to £150 and back down to £90. I wouldn’t of paid more so was shocked when it went to such high price.
The watches tracking our sessions definitely is a huge motivater for me and it’s nice keeping track.
I’m not that tech savvy.

I have looked a quite a few but if I’m honest I don’t know half of what all the specs mean :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have this one, the price also increased 100% :grimacing:
I realy liked it…
But not sure if I will buy it again, as the wrong measurement is disturbing.
Will try to find out what is a good watch for swimmers that is not too expensive and compatible preferable with Huawei.
Most important thing is right measurement of my swim workouts and nice looking. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
And friendly user menu.

1 Like

Getting colder and too dark in the mornings for me to swim before work anymore, I should man up and jump in but not the biggest fan of cold water

2 Likes

Ahhhhw where are you located?
Do you have a pool round there?

Pausing today from swimming… My swims are soo nice these days, it’s like flying, I have a good flow and especially enjoy the underwater astetique. I simply love it :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Whilst swimming today I started to feel like a pain deep in my right upper inner thigh :sob: but I still kept swimming and only felt it on certain movements.
Got home all is fine unless certain movements then I feel the pain. Thought I’m it will be ok.
Got into bed and it’s my back as well. Hope it’s just where I feel a muscle that hasn’t been used for a while. Anyone had anything similar?

1 Like

I can say today I can only feel the slightest twinge. Whatever it was it’s getting better very quickly.
I’m guessing I used a muscle I never knew I had :laughing:

2 Likes

First swim in a few weeks. Was really empty at the pool, except for a aqua aerobics class that was on. So I got to swim with a soundtrack of golden oldies, Tom Jones, Roy Orbison, Cliff Richard😂
When the aerobics finished some high divers started practicing at the dive pool next to the lane pool so that kept me entertained too

Wasn’t quite like starting all over again today but was not as good as my previous.
Having said that I feel like there were individual lengths that were really good, but others that felt a bit chaotic :joy::joy:.
I was changing up my stroke count today, trying to work out what works best for me. And I’m still trying to work on being slower.
More consistency in going to the pool and more consistency in my lengths is what Im after

4 Likes

I don’t have good pool availability here, where I am now, out there in nowhere.
In may some outdoor pool will open,
until middle of September. Okay.
Otherwise 35 minutes drive.
I am already breaking down mentally, not feeling my body and being agressive.
Don’t know.
Blah.

Will drive there once or twice a week, but the other days? Okay, may will come. But they have shitty opening hours.

And… Gym?
Don’t know. I don’t think I am a gym girl.
:pensive::roll_eyes::weary:

4 Likes

Back to swimming a few times a week, so thankful to be back!

4 Likes

Good to see you!

3 Likes

Lovely to see you back :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes