Swimmers thread šŸŠšŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Well I went to the pool during my ā€˜lunchā€™ hour today and it was a bleeding nightmare, never again. Half of us trying to cram a lunch time power swim in whilst itā€™s sunny and light outside, and the other half there to dangle and chill with not a care in the world. I wonā€™t point fingers at a certain age group, but needless to say they didnā€™t have an afternoon to get back to at workā€¦ :rofl:

At one point, two ladies were told by the life guard to get out the slow lane as they were too slow for it ( they were dangling around like dead water spiders, Iā€™d even kicked one a few times from a different lane). So ā€¦ The good ladies decided to get to general swim through the slow, middle and fast lanesā€¦ Right thru the middle, in gangling dead spider fashion. It caused a pile up in every lane of limbs and spluttering folk mid forward crawl (at speed). I went into the chap in front of me, he almost went underā€¦ It was crazy.

The best is that - like bad drivers- they didnā€™t have any idea that this has happened. :joy::face_in_clouds:

Sticking to evening swimming from now on, in the dark and late slotsā€¦

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That sounds awful, but also hilarious :joy: Stick with the evening swims. I never understand people swimming up and down and having a chat, but that is next level!

3 Likes

You told this like a short story, that was hilarious, great writing BTW.

ā€œDangling around like dead water spidersā€ - love it

3 Likes

I kind of made a mistake this morning, i get to the pool at 705, see an opening (mind you without my glasses, only my goggles) i plunge in and begin to swim, and halfway down, i almost hit a guy that was in my lane. I just couldnā€™t see him. I thought since the pool opens at 7 there would only maybe be a couple of people, nope, these folks clearly have there routine and they looked at me like, ā€œWhat are you doing here?ā€ But it turned out fine, there was one lane left, i took it and i was happy.

4 Likes

Poor you! :sob: Thereā€™s a breed of swimmer that knows EVERYTHING about the poolā€¦ Times, lanes, showersā€¦ The holy OG of swimmers.

3 Likes

I was used to the afternoon crew that swims around 345 - 430. Thatā€™s my people. I was wondering if there was going to be some kind of initiation into the ā€˜morningā€™ swimmersā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh no, poor you! I hate feeling like an outsider breaking into an established club. Glad you found a lane. I frequently get glares from women and I have no idea what unspoken rule I have broken :cry: Luckily I have to be pretty close without my glasses on to notice, so probably 50% passes me by :rofl:

3 Likes

Same! I walk in and my glasses are in my locker. Literally, if your not in front of me, your face is more of a dot than anything, i canā€™t even read your facial expression :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Another great morning, today I treat myself with sauna before and after swimming :relieved:
I feel so good

6 Likes

So Today i got to the gym earlier and talked with the other morning swimmers. Itā€™s funny i wasnā€™t trying to get my own lane, but they are all retired, and i told them iā€™m pretty much in the pool 20 minutes doing HIIT like iā€™m racing. They have time, they let me get my lane and do my thing, it was so awesome. Great Energy and I really pushed myself. I have so much clarity/mindfulness when i swim first thing in the morning, i just love it.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s nice! :+1:

2 Likes

Ahhhwww sweetheartsā€¦
You made me laugh!
@Tragicfarinelli @JennyH @SelfLove_42

I call the slower ones ā€œguppies orā€ ducks":rofl:
I know itā€™s hard sometimes.

Especially the ā€œdry hair swimmersā€ā€¦
To be honest I have to change to a very ecact drill training with my paddles, pushing my arm alllll the way through sometimesā€¦ Oups, sorry!!! :ocean:

But never judge a turtle :green_heart:!!!
Turtles are sweet and welcome.
@Soberbilly

Had a nice 2200 in 1 hour yesterday.
This is 2406 yards :swimming_woman:t2::8ball:

My heart is clear without himā€¦
And so is my flow :heart::heart::heart:
No more words needed!

5 Likes

Brilliant swim there. Turtle power!

5 Likes

Power is backā€¦
2,33 per 100 m
This flow was a little attack :grin::muscle:t2:

Look at that heartrate!
Itā€™s a free heartā€¦
Thatā€™s why itā€™s beating so good :heart::heart::heart:

Editā€¦ I havenā€™t seen a turtle unfortunately :turtle:
@Soberbilly

6 Likes

Amazing, I bet that felt gooooddd

3 Likes

Ouhh itā€™s hairy :sweat_smile::sunglasses::heart:

4 Likes

Good swim this morning! I did feel a little tired this morning, but i pushed myself. Iā€™m only in the pool 15-20 minutes, but iā€™m out there pushing hard doing my HIIT swim. Overall, iā€™m happy.

4 Likes

The pool is calling me ā€¦ watch this space :smiling_face:
Just have been doing alot of walking this week and today so I am super tired.
But I plan this weekend to swim. I hope I make it. I miss it so much.

3 Likes

Hello Twizzle, join us in the pool. Well, kinda.

2 Likes

Ahwww welcome my sweet friend.
So good to c you.
@CATMANCAM and you were the first members.
We love to hear about everything here.
Even if you dip a toe in the water.
I would love to meet you in our virtual pool on the weekend!

As you know I use to mix feelings in my report cause I feel this thread as a more safe space.
We can chat about swimming, workout, body pictures, mindset, feelingsā€¦ And turtles. And anything else whatā€™s coming up :green_heart:

I had my 2000 m in around 50 min today.
A lot of feelings were coming up today.
They were regulated afterwards, showering, using my oil for sensitive skin.
I was angry.
About my last date.
About politics and this world being in trouble.
I heard very loud rock music on my way to the pool, pushing myself for a nice set. Lol.
I pushed the lanesā€¦
And then I noticed that I am not that often realy in touch with my fury ā€¦ It came upā€¦ But not that negative, more like a strong leading (aries) power. Donā€™t know what to do with it or how it goes on. Just want to share.

I feel strong now :muscle:t2:
ā€¦ and regulated

3 Likes