Taking Baby steps

I haven’t been through many days where I feel like participating in things I did in my past. I have been married for 22 years and it has been one successful journey. We both have struggled with alcohol and both have agreed to leave it out of our lives. Recently we went to a friends that I haven’t visited in a while for the basketball game and poker. I had prepared myself to be around a bunch of drinking. I hadn’t really noticed until we had left that noone was drinking. I really hope that it wasn’t because of me and that we are just all approaching a age where its time to move on from that lifestyle.

8 Likes

This is so wonderful that you can both be committed to a lifestyle change for yourselves as a team! Welcome to the community, I hope you find that being here offers additional support and information that will help you along the way.

2 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

Those who drink, never notice how many people around them don’t…

2 Likes

Welcome. It us hard for us to understand not caring about alcohol. Also I think when we want to drink we seek out others who are drinking to validate our choice, and overlook the non-drinkers.

3 Likes