Taking the first step

Took the first step and went to a meeting today. It was uplifting and inspirational to know I’m not alone in my recovery. Now to find a way to get 89 more in 89 days… especially when my husband doesn’t understand that I need this. But I will find a way to get it done.

13 Likes

Well I think a meeting is a great start! Hopefully your husband will come to understand in time. Mines a little stubborn too to put it lightly but thankfully he ended up quitting alcohol with me. Welcome to the community! Youll get alot of support here. It’s a fun place to be.

5 Likes

Congrats Frances on your first step - so glad to hear that it was a positive experience.

You have the strength to keep going. Do know none of us are able to do this alone. Wishing you luck with making it to each meeting. Any reason for only needing to get through 89 more?

You have joined a great community - stick around i’m sure you will find a lot of love and support here.

1 Like

I didn’t mean 89 more then I’m done. 90 meetings in 90 days is what I was told. Lol I know I shouldn’t try to do it alone.

4 Likes

Oh thank you for that clarification - 90 meetings in 90 days is doable…we can help you.

Check out the Checking in daily to maintain focus #56 thread - check in here to stay accountable and im sure youll receive a lot of support from the community.

2 Likes

Thanks I will

2 Likes

Good for you. Remember you’re doing this for you. He doesn’t have to understand.

It’s natural to want him to understand and to feel disappointed if he doesn’t (or it seems like he doesn’t) - anyone in a committed relationship would feel the same! - but when it comes down to it, what matters is you, working one day at a time.

You can do it.

3 Likes

Yip meetings will make it easier make new friends . this journey is for you so people who dont suffer from this illness wont understand just be patient and im sure when he sees the change in you he will get on side wish you well

Many congratulations on your first step. It takes a lot of courage to walk into a room of strangers and admitting to your weakness.

Nobody normal will really “understand” this disease. My wife doesn’t. She is very supportive and tries to understand. She has tried very hard. She has even done some research about it but she doesn’t really understand. Not really.

I don’t blame her for it. We can only truly understand what we experience.

Your recovery is for yourself. No one else. Once you recover you can go around and heal the world or save it or whatever.

1 Like

Awesome @Hisharleyquinn1318 im so happy for you! I keep postponing attending the meetings :sweat:

Don’t postpone anymore! It will change your life I promise. It was so uplifting and inspiring when I went.

1 Like