Checking in daily to maintain focus #56

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to maintain focus #55 - #2522 by AlexWayhill.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

Checking in sober. Not quite as bad today, but far from good. People were setting off fireworks well past midnight last night so couldn’t sleep. I am thankful my cats aren’t bothered by it. Need to figure out what to do about dinner. I haven’t been up for cooking, but had salad. Out of that now. It feels impossible to get anything done. Anxiety has been bad all day. Really hoping I can sleep tonight.

26 Likes

Day 9. Yesterday night I was really tempted to give in but I didn’t and I feel so happy today instead of lamenting another relapse. Day by day. I feel grateful

34 Likes

@Soberbilly a greeting for you. I really enjoyed your last check in.

4 Likes

463 days :heartpulse:
Working from home today, trying to Will myself to go move my body before work. It’s so hard in the winter!
Reading lots of good books lately, and I’ve got a few days off coming up with the kids for the school holidays. Going to do some painting with my daughter, and maybe find something my son will enjoy too.
Have a great day friends, stay sober. Nothing is worth giving it up.

32 Likes

Day 703: no pills
Day 15: no credit cards
Day 8: no overeating

41 Likes

Checking in stress levels high. The head of accounting put in their notice. Atleast she gave 4 weeks but still. That means the accounting and finance departments will be down 4 people :frowning:
Im hoping it all works out. Im not going to drink over it because im in recovery

32 Likes

Well I finally figured out how to get to my placement test. Honestly I think I actually did good, I definitely missed some punctuation and like ! Exclamation points lol. But they gave me two topics, my favorite fast food restaurant and why. Or my biggest obstacle I have conquered in life. Of course no brainer, my addiction or substance abuse disorder, now no I have no conquered addiction, but I have conquered what it has entailed in my life. And how well it is a life long obstacle I will conquer the rest of my life. I really believe I did well. :crossed_fingers: Fingers crossed

24 Likes

Oh thank goodness for this revelation – grateful for another sober day for the both of us. I do hope that you do get the rest your body needs.
@jennyh so glad to hear about your plan. Sounds great and do take it easy cause I do know how nasty the chronic fatigue can be. Best of luck with the couch to 5k – I’ve heard great things :blush:
@amy30 yes, always easier to say than to practice. How are you doing now? Any luck in taking things easier?
@juli1 yes – fuck Alcohol and also Fuck that hammering voice—You go girl! Showing off your strength and making it a week AF!
@anon53116147 I am so sorry love – this does seem like a lot but I have faith that things will work out. I can see you trying and working on your self – do not give up hope. Much strength my friend! Just saw your update and am so excited for you –I’m sure you did great – will keep my fingers crossed for you.
@bomdhil well done on using your willpower and tools to not give into your urges! You’ve made it through day 9 my friend – congrats to double digits!

Checking in on Wednesday afternoon -
196 days weed and alcohol free
611 days cigarette free
I have had a very productive day. Just realized that yesterday was 4 weeks of gluten free and 90% raw diet. My fatigue was a bit better today so possibly the vitamin d is possibly working… i will be going in for more blood work this week. Much love my friends - have a wonderful sober night! :heart: :heart:

23 Likes

As an Accounting Manager whose Controller is on a 6 weeks Sabbatical, who has lost 2 accountants that I was not allowed to replace, and has had one team member on vacation continuously since the beginning of June I feel you. I’m weary. One of my accountants goes on Sabbatical Aug 1-Sep 9. It’s a great benefit the company put in place for employees with 10 years at the company but it’s a pain in the ass for staffing! Two accountants on other teams have recently had babies (well their wives did) and they are on paternity leave! It’s nuts. But I’m sober.

20 Likes

Ahhh you speak my language lol. We can only control how we react

6 Likes

Eyup sobriety fam,

My plan for today:

• Brush teeth & shower cold
  • Breakfast healthy
  • Meditate
  • Catch up with some fam & friends
  • Jog & Work out
  • Cook lunch
  • Work
  • Dinner healthy
  • Sleep early, with no non-sleep related phone usage past midnight

My uni term has finished and my dual citizenship application granted, the next few months will see a lot of change for me as I now have to decide whether to continue studying, move and continue elsewhere or try for a new career altogether… But change is a good thing, not to be feared!

Today is what counts, not yesterday, not tomorrow, just right here, right now :pray: Odaat. Love you guys, hope you manifest a good day for yourselves as we should always strive to, stay strong and keep your chin up whoever and wherever you are in the world right now friend! :muscle:

23 Likes

Day 4 Coming to a close. Still very weak-feeling, so just a lot of rest and self-care today. Hopefully tomorrow, I can eat a bit more. Stay Strong :muscle: TS folk.

32 Likes

Checking in on day 754. Feeling grateful today. I got some chores done and went to dinner with the SO. I hope everyone is doing well today.

22 Likes

Day 3 Binge Eating

I will not eat.
I am not hungry.
I will not eat.
I am not hungry.
Just need to sleep and get through this craving. Now is when I usually crave and binge then feel guilty in the morning. Sound familiar??

Alcohol day 1391
Thankful the obsession to drink is gone.

Going to bed sober. Will check in when I wake up to report that I didn’t raid the pantry in the middle of the night like I’m known to do.

24 Likes

Checking in my tenth month of sobriety. A new life is possible, but it is not a question o records. This is a 24 hours task. Day by day, step by step, one day at a time.

Give yourself a present of sobriety!

38 Likes

Great news!

6 Likes

Day 12, a bit flat this morning but i will plod on. Off tomoro (long weekend off ). We have friends coming for dinner tomorrow which is good…one who doesnt drink at all.

16 Likes

Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

Training day at work today. How to deal (interact, communicate) successfully with patients with personality disorders. Which basically comes down to how to deal with people with BPD. Which is interesting because that’s part of my diagnosis too. Second day of the course, first one was a bit intense at times for me. But will make do. After all, I’m an addict working in an addiction clinic and I manage that as well. Right? Right.
The storm yesterday was short but intense. Glad I stayed home. Had a little walk in the park after. Lots of damage. Sad sight. x

34 Likes

36 Likes