Taper scheduler - feature suggestion

Has any thought been given to adding a feature that allows one to plot out a taper schedule for a particular vice or addiction? I think that it would be a nice addition that can somewhat look similar to the stats feature of the app.

Not sure if you would want to open that can of worms, though, as I know complete sobriety is the goal and tapers are easy to cheat on. Just food for thought as some users may prefer the taper route instead of the CT route.

Thanks for your time!

There’s a few posts outlining different taper schedules. However, we kicked around the harm reduction topic and decided it didn’t fit with the goal of the forum.

I’ve done a few tapers, same with @Donnie_Spiering and @Neighbrofthebeast668 has some insight as well I believe.

1 Like

Everyone is different. Some can handle wd better then others. Even with a taper its no free ride. As you said the crutch can be abused if not diciplined to the schedule. Starting any taper above 4mg is wasteful and is going to make any short taper hard to come off of. Leaving u worse off then if you just CT quit opiates. For most addicts the taper needs to be supervised… The home method works but not for the majority…

Yes that would be awesome. I had to taper off Effexor XR and Klonopin. It’s supposedly very dangerous to stop cold turkey on any of those drugs. Damn you Big Pharma

I totally understand as I cannot successfully taper from opiates. CT is only way for me bc i dont have the discipline required to keep to a taper.

Honestly i just think it would be a helpful feature for some people and wouldnt be that difficult for the app developers to code.