TBI, Alcohol and Ways to Move Forward

My name is Becca. I’m new to this sobriety thing because I always attributed memory loss and everything that goes with it to my Traumatic Brain Injury sustained in a skydiving accident in 2013. I’ve been drinking for just a few years, but I landed my but in here, out of control, nonetheless… :woman_facepalming:t3: My justification for wasting so much time and energy on my selfish skydiving hobby was always “Work hard, play hard!” (I started skydiving when I began law school). Please forgive my tendency to ramble, but here’s the question I’m trying to ask:

Does anyone else have a TBI who wouldn’t mind chatting? Thanks guys! I’m just exploring for now, but this seems like a helpful forum!!

6 Likes

Hi Becca,

Welcome to the community. I dont have a TBI but I’m always happy to chat if you need to.

I can certainly relate to the “work hard, play hard” life and the adrenaline rushed pass times.

Having children young put a stop to a lot of the dangerous things I used to do for fun because responsibility hit. Then other things happened and I started drinking, just a little but then more and more until I was regularly drunk.

I’m 51 days sober now and I’m getting back into competitive martial arts again, it’s about as risky as I dare be whilst my kids are still kids.

Anyway, sorry to hear you suffered a TBI doing something you enjoyed, must have been difficult to recover from.

Take care, welcome!

Richard

2 Likes

Welcome @iFlyBlueSkies :hugs:
This is a good place to read, share and get things off your chest!
You can use the magnifying glass above to search for keywords like TBI or trauma brain injury. There are over a million posts. This is a good link to start and learn how to navigate the forum: Welcome to the forum! 2022 - #24 by siand
Welcome to the forum! 2022

1 Like

Welcome @iFlyBlueSkies, it’s great to meet you​:pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Becca!!

Welcome Becca

I have 9. I can chat and no about the memory loss.