Temptation is calling my name

Most of my people aren’t leaving their homes cause of the Rona. But maybe I’ll go by myself

1 Like

You can do this! It’s uncomfortable as hell, but I can tell you that it’s so worth it! The cravings WILL go away. Just get through today. Keep reaching out and keep yourself busy. There IS happiness in sobriety. Don’t lose hope. It’s hard to see it when you’re in the middle of the shit, but that’s when you have to trust those that have been there before you. Way to go on being strong! That is huge accomplishment and growth!

3 Likes

I strongly recommend an AA meeting, live or on line. It is a proven program that has helped millions to feel comfortable in sobriety.

2 Likes

I hear you but you have to learn to be able to hear that voice but not listen to it. No matter what you do in life there will always be a voice telling you that you can’t do it or it will be ok to cheat yourself. Its up to you to understand its just a voice or ego telling you that. Listen to your inner self your heart. Stay strong you got this

4 Likes

Hey, well done on identifying the voice that tells you you can have a couple of drinks. It will be the same one that would tell you to have another, and another. Do you have a name for it so you can tell it to f#*& off? Literally! Name it and shame it! The VOICE wants a drink YOU don’t, remember? With time and practice that voice will loose power and you will become more powerful.
A go to list of things to do instead of listening to the voice. It will go away. Good suggestions already given, or you could put up those shelves, or write down things you can do tomorrow. Treat yourself! Best wishes to you👍

8 Likes

Build a shelf while attending an AA meeting online:
Online meeting resources

Pics (of the shelf) or it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Good job at 14 days I hear you it’s tough sometimes but you can do this we’re here for you! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Wow that’s f***ing deep @Piglet! I’m going to try that with the voice that talks shit to me constantly RIGHT ON!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

How are you doing, @Erica03?

2 Likes

I’ve said it out loud before, NO! Lol… I laughed but it brought it into focus, to be stronger…:grin::+1:

3 Likes

I’m doing good. I decided paint and clean some. I feel better after a long car ride on the back roads

Thank you everyone!!! Yall have no idea how much I appreciate it

7 Likes

That’d make a cool t-shirt!
Good girl,:grin::+1:

I go through this, I’ve been sober for two years now but still get cravings. If its mild I go for a run, if it’s bad I call my sponsor. If you don’t have a sponsor call someone you trust. Over time you’ll figure out what works for you so dont give up hope.

2 Likes

@Matt would that be like a real shelf or like a hypothetical one? I’d like to know in advance before you tell me to make one :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was thinking real shelf. Like - some people knit during meetings, you know? So Erica can take it to the next level: build shelves at a meeting :joy: (Crazier things have been done!)

1 Like

Mine will look like this but I’ll stay sober :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Finished just in time for bed

5 Likes

I am 14 days today also and i really got the bite for coke. But seeing your 14 days was like a sign that i should keep pushing. I dont know your outcome but i hope it was well, but you gave me what i needed to get through TODAY. Thank you.

3 Likes

Good for you! You won today. Never forget that. Bookmark this post. This is your win. You can repeat it.

1 Like

Damn that’s freaking awesome @Erica03! Beautiful painting!!!

1 Like