Temptation Like Hell

My five year anniversary of walking away from the bottle is Tuesday it’s been hard but I’ve made it. The other night my wife and I were watching a show about a whiskey heist (actually happened) and the “old, dark memories” flooded back. That voice inside my head saying “just one”, I could smell it the whiskey, smell the smokiness of the bar, hear the jukebox playing. The urge got so bad my hands were trembling. Not twenty minutes later, I’m on that whiskey companies website, pricing bottles. I put the phone down, paced the floor, remembered the steps and stayed sober, but damn it was tough. I’m Lucas, and i’m an alcholic. And you know what, thats okay…one day at a time, I’m getting that 5 year chip Febuary 1st.

20 Likes

Just goes to show that our minds never stop trying to trick us…Congrats on your upcoming 5 years! Absolutely amazing.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, that’s remarkable. Congrats on five years.

1 Like

Five years is an amazing accomplishment! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story! You are so strong and that situation an incredible demonstration of self control, self respect and fortitude. Great work

2 Likes

WOW!! I’m only at 36 days - the longest time in decades that I haven’t consumed any type of alcohol. I was/am a binge drinker and never wanted to stop once I started.

I hope I can accomplish what you have.

Yes, I am an alcoholic. That’s the first time I’ve written it down. And, alcohol has been my nemesis for too long now.

5 Likes

Love to you for day 36, and congratulations for day 37 tomorrow. Keep taking it one day at a time and remember, it works if you work it.

1 Like

Early congratulations Lucas ! :tada: As you have proven … one day at a time is as important on day one as it is almost five years in. Respect for your fortitude and commitment ! :dizzy:

1 Like

Well done on 5 years buddy i ask my guys to lift the phone not the booze when temptation arises, but doing great give my regards to you group wish you well