TGIF! Weekend plans?

Ik some people are still in quarantine and everyday seems the same probably but I’ve not been in quarantine at all so I’m glad its Friday! What does everyone do with their sober weekends now?

Gardening, home workout, visit mum (NSW allows some visitors at each others houses), and watch cartoons with Master 2 (secret life of pets and angry birds are the current favs)

2 Likes

I live in the states in Michigan. Still under restriction. But the temp went from 62 yesterday to like 35 this morning. I’m not even going outside. I’m so tired of the cold!!!
My five year old has a zoom meeting for school today. He wants to bake cookies. My husband is road tripping to Texas to get his daughter for the summer because we thought it’d be safer than flying her. So they will both be home tomorrow night. Thinking of getting carry out dinner for mother’s day. Might drive by my mom’s and grandma’s to wish them a happy mother’s day.

3 Likes

Friday is relax time. Saturday, I’m going to be deep cleaning my gym area. I’m talking bleach and scrubbing the cinder block walls clean. Then the rest of the house is getting the once over. Got two DIY projects planned, a loading pin for grip strength, and some bench press boards. Sunday brings a workout in the morning, followed by a walk/bike ride if weather allows it, and then relaxing.

3 Likes

Housecleaning, gardening, and a hike with my wife :innocent:

2 Likes

FISHING!!! If the weather allows it.

4 Likes

We recently listed our house for sale due to a pending divorce. I will be going through old boxes to do a lot of purging. I will be home alone and am slightly anxious about the process of tossing memories. However, I am chosing this path and this is just part of the process. I just have to push through. I hope by the end of the weekend that my anxiousness will turn to a feeling of accomplishment. It is cold now in Wisconsin so it is a good indoor project.

7 Likes

It was very difficult when I went through the process. It’s been about 5 years now and it’s gotten easier. I was married for over 20 years and the whole thing wasnt my idea. I made it through sober because I was determined not to drink. You can do it! My view was that yes I could drink but that wouldn’t solve anything and it would just make me more depressed. Oh and I was going to “show her” I could be sober and not let her have the satisfaction of me drinking again lol. Hey it worked.

2 Likes

I’ll be building a retaining wall, then pour concrete for a pad to place a shed. I’ll be shoveling dirt around my shop pad to make it transition. Then, hopefully I have time left, I’ll go for an evening bear hunt, since I got my Turkey the other day.

1 Like

Good morning, my Chicago friend! Yes. Difficult yet necessary. I don’t fear wanting to drink for some reason. So much gratitude for that! I will visit this forum often to keep me grounded. I don’t want to let myself down and that is what would happen if I caved. I know you have a martial arts background. I went through a program in my early 30’s and earned a black belt in Karate. I joke that the program was Karate McDonalds yet I earned it none-the-less. I recently came upon my black belt with my maiden name on it which will, once again, be my last name after this process. It just felt right.

1 Like

Oh how I wish you lived near me. I have a retaining wall that has slipped and needs repair! :slight_smile: I love it when people are handy!

1 Like

And then Sunday I spin it the other way.

7 Likes

I think Wisconsin may be a little far from Montana… just a little. Whelp, coffee consumed, it’s 7am, time to get to work!

Figured you were somewhere out west when you mentioned bear hunting. We have bear here yet they are little buggers. Enjoy your day!!! Gotta say, though, I am rooting for the bear! :slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Oh I’ll probably just be scouting and glassing for them. Im selective and let the little ones go. If I don’t set one worth going for, there is always next year season.

2 Likes

If you want to join Saturday there is a Zoom gathering of folks from Talking Sober - casual conversation, some people just listen, some share, it’s a nice gathering to connect - the link is here:
Zoom meeting? Saturdays - see original post for link and times

2 Likes

That actually sounds like a fantastic idea! I will have to download Zoom. I guess that would suggest I would have to actually shower on Saturday! Haha! My to-do list just keeps growing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just downloaded the Zoom app and signed up. Thanks for the heads-up! I may PM you to figure out how to attend since it is my first time using the app. Would that be okay?

I swear it gets tougher tougher to live in MI every year, seems like the weather gets worse and worse lol. Snow on the ground in the UP this morning

It’s been so terrible! I’m in the suburbs northwest of Detroit and we have flurries right now. It’s MAY. :tired_face: I would be devastated to see snow on the ground this morning. My husband and I keep talking about moving somewhere south or southwest but he works for one of the big three and actually loves his job.

1 Like