Thank you for telling me to go!

I wanted to say a massive thank you to this community and those who have previously encouraged me to attend AA meetings. I finally got the courage to go two weeks ago and am attending my third meeting tomorrow. I have never felt so welcome and so grateful sat in that room. I walked in and walked straight back out again the first time, but someone encouraged me to come back in the room and I am so glad I did. I was told to look for the similarities not the differences, so much of what people said was similar to my own thoughts and experiences. I was welcomed back so warmly the second week, I’ve swapped numbers with some of the other women and asked one to be my sponsor. Its early days, I’m only 16 days sober but thanks to this community I have a much better understanding of AA and feel so grateful to have taken this first step. It truly was a profound experience!

32 Likes

I was just like you, I didn’t want to go. But another sober lady went with me to my first 1 so she made it impossible to walk back out. I’m glad I didn’t. Hang in there, work the steps. We can do this!!

5 Likes

Yes!!! Same here!! I felt like I finally found “my people”. I didn’t feel alone anymore or like I was a freak for struggling. So glad you had a good experience!!

6 Likes

That is so good to hear.
I’m really proud of you for pushing through those hard feelings and getting back in the room. It’s not easy in the begining that’s for sure.

I have been in a fellowship now 18 months, just finishing up my first set of steps and got my first sponsee yesterday. These programs are designed well, if you do the work you and everyone around you will benefit greatly.

Really happy for you.
:sunflower:

6 Likes

That’s fantastic this is what it’s all about experience strength and hope shared in rooms all over the world its a miracle its flippin magic.

5 Likes

Been telling people that for a few years now lol well done wish you well

5 Likes

Thanks for continuing to share the message Ray. :blush: :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you Rain666 and thank you for being one of the people who encouraged me to go!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, it really is a feeling I have never had before. I know it won’t be easy but I’m fully committed to it.

2 Likes

Great to hear that im glad you are sharing your experience just keep going back and posting progress.1 step at a time easy does it.

1 Like

That’s flipping awesome, Sparkle! A local community is crucial for me as well. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

2 Likes

This is so great to hear!!! Whooo hoo! We are really glad you went too :heartpulse:

2 Likes

YES!! This makes my heart so very happy.

YOU CAN DO IT

2 Likes

I am so proud of you and so happy to hear of your experience! The people in those rooms keep me sober, and I found my sponsor and so many people I admire in that AA/NA fellowship. Congratulations on 16 days and keep going back, it works if you work it and you’re worth it!

2 Likes