Thank you Sober time app

I’ve never got help even tho for 22 years I know I wanted and needed it. I write this to say thank you to the creator of this. I’m new here and 3 weeks without drinking, 1 week sober off oxy and 5 days off smoking marijuana. This still feels a little surreal, everything I read and how everyone wants to help each other is AMAZING!!! Like I said I’m new and still super nervous but haven’t felt like myself in a long time until now!! Almost like it’s too good to be true. I’ve hid from n/a meetings and getting any sort of help for 22 years. This week I’m going to check out a local N/A meeting see how it goes.

THANK YOU EVERYONE on here for sharing your stories and all the positive encouragement that everyone gives each other!!

31 Likes

Robert, I’m so proud of you; I just read your story and you are incredibly strong to be here and trying to be better~! Wow; I’m humbled by your resilience. I hope you stick around and grow with the group. :butterfly:

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the TS family and congrats on you sobriety. I love this app too. There’s an amazing bunch of people with tons of great advice. Join us on the check in thread, it’s a great form of accountability. Here’s the link:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #9

3 Likes

Best app so far :grin: changed my life too. Hmm I mean people! App is only way to communicate :grin: This community save lifes!

2 Likes

Welcome, Robert, we are so glad you’re here! I’m new, too, and this community has helped me to change my attitude and the seeds of hope are growing, starting to sprout in my heart and mind. We can do this.

3 Likes

Great big thanks from myself also Sober time app. I find it really helps me get through my own personal struggles knowing that I’m not alone.

3 Likes

I’m super grateful for this app too and everyone for sharing and being there. It’s nice to have a judgment free resourceful place to go.

4 Likes

We are all part of this amazing app and so do you!
Congratulations with your 3 weeks sober and 1 week clean, keep it going!
Keep us updated and I hope you will find a great NA group!

3 Likes

Fuck I think I need professional help. I need to do things with the people that love me but today too hard! I don’t even want to tell them how I feel anymore because it feels like it just brings them down. So frustrating, I’m sitting here thinking I need to leave my partner so she can just be happy and not have to deal with my bullshit

2 Likes

Good for you Robert! Welcome to TS and we look forward to seeing more of you here :innocent:

Get the professional help but don’t leave the family. You are in the deep shit right now, this feeling is something we’ve all been through. But having outside help, especially professional help or meetings, takes the burden off your family and yourself. Gives you a place to live your recovery for a time.

I’m glad you found us. This place has been a lifesaver more times than I can count!

1 Like

It really is an amazing community. It’s my secret weapon in regards to keeping myself in check and I actually feel accountable to all on this forum who are all so supportive and kind. Welcome and congratulations on your new life!

1 Like

Hang in there Robert; change may be hard for some but it’s a good change.:clap::blush:

1 Like