Thats it now no more

Well hello everybody i have been sober for nearly 7days now and i haven’t really been suffering with alcohol withdrawal but quite poorly with a supposedly chest infection. Felt awful ive just started taking antibiotics yesterday so hopefully that will work but what im bothered about is i had blood tests done 2 weeks ago and they said my liver enzymes were raised and my blood wasn’t clotting properly so im due to see the doctor again tomorrow morning but tonight i have had a vile taste in my mouth and also my stomach has swollen up and i have a dull pain in my liver going through my back now i know i have liver damage but what if it is liver failure now im doomed im worried because i know the signs and i am not really sure how to go about it. I mean i don’t suppose they can do much anyway can they i feel its got progressively worse within the last week or so i have a fever and all in side my legs i feel something is crawling in them yuk this feels horrible :cry:

Ms kells, first off…congratulations on the 7 days.
What do you do for a living. Medical field by chance? The mind is a powerful thing. It’s amazing how if you are focused on something, you can make it feel real. Dont get me wrong, I am not minimizing what you are going through, you could be 100% correct about your aliegments. However, for example, there is a book called “Phantoms in the Brain”. What it covers is how amputees, some of at least, still feel their limb that was amputated for years. This, missing limb still hurts, still gets hot, still gets cold. There are many theories on why this happens. One theory suggests the person is so fixated on the missing limb, the brain plays out what the person is fixated on. Just food for thought

6 Likes

No i don’t work in the medic profession but i actually want to be become a nurse one day i currently dont work at the moment due to everything that’s been going on. Well i suppose im just going to have to try and wait and see what happens tomorrow once i see the doctor my tummy has been swollen before. Ive got omaprozole so think I’ll take one to see if that eases. Xx

1 Like

Do you do your own research on symptoms?

Just be forthcoming with your doctor (that stupid endomitriosis (sp) commercial makes me so mad). I am heading in for a physical and full labs on Thursday, hopefully for good news, at 82 days sober.

2 Likes

Yes i pretty much could be a frigging doctor by now i know so much. But when it comes to myself I think i have all sorts. Well im sure ill get some kind of closer tomorrow when i see the results of my tests etc xx

When I went to rehab in May of 2017 my liver enzymes were very high. Even though I relapsed I tried to stay away from booze. When I went back to rehab they were slightly lower. I had labs done a few months ago and, although they were high, my enzyme count was back in acceptable range. Not drinking was the big thing that helped, but I also started exercising and tried to have a healthier diet.

2 Likes

That’s brilliant well done xx

Well thats good news they are ok well i have celiac disease too which i need to fully adapt to as i need to be on a strict diet and obviously because i relapse i dont tend to do well but im going to try harder x

Just remember, doctors go to school for years…what we find in books and the internet for symptoms is just a scratch on the surface of their knowledge. It is absolutely wonderful to become knowledgeable of ones health situation. Just be careful, the brain can make connections that aren’t there.

3 Likes

Wise words mr mich xx

1 Like

What does this book kook like on amazon? I think I’ll give it a read x

Look lol :rofl:

Not a clue, read it 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Anxiety can manifest as physical problems. Take it easy on yourself and stay sober. That will likely cure most of what ails ya.

2 Likes

Thank you x

Oh ok best try and get some sleep it’s 11:39 over here uk

1 Like

Sleep well, add another sober day tomorrow

2 Likes

Have to agree with @anon46927530. I have significant hearing loss, from my time in service. When my hearing aids are out, I often hear pure tones in various frequencies, just like one would hear in a hearing test. My audiologist said it’s my brains auditory center looking for the nerve connections that are gone. It “hears” them as pure tones.

3 Likes

Did you add another sober day?

1 Like