The 1 year hurdle

1 year is just a couple days away and I feel like I’m at a halt. I don’t have any cravings or urges. I just simply don’t know what to do as an adult in this life. I mean, I go through the motions. but since sobriety started, no one realized that my life was someone else’s…except me of course. or that I’m not the same person I was. I’m 32. I’ve been a cross addict since I was 16. living the high life and working construction was everything is knew. if anyone wants to reach out, you’re more than welcome. I’d love someone to pick my brain for questions and understandings.

8 Likes

First of all congrats on coming up to you year sober :partying_face: and secondly from my point of view the first 18 months I changed so much in so many ways and still am in ways but is was after that point where I really started learning about myself and knowing what I wanted out of life, try not to worry about things and enjoy the journey it will come to you

3 Likes

Milestone malady can be a real thing. Its natural to be a little nervous around a big one and one year is a big milestone. Congrats!
If you are feeling tempted just remember that you know what happens down the road of active addiction. You don’t know what your future sober life brings. Keep going. And welcome to Talking Sober.

2 Likes

Welcome and congratulations on 1 year. Being here on this platform you can add your knowledge and experiences to keep others sober and help them stay on the path for long term sobriety. . Also reading around here may give you purpose and find your place you want to be.