The boredom

My biggest struggle is the boredom…:tired_face::tired_face::tired_face: what do you all do in the evenings?

7 Likes

I eat, watch TV, and go to bed early. Absolute rockstar life :sign_of_the_horns::high_voltage: I’m learning to sit with the boredom and accept a calm life. It’s not easy.

10 Likes

Il take a bit of boredom anytime over being shitfaced, upsetting myself,everyone else and effing my life up…instead i watch stuff on tv, draw, read and write on here, take a bath, make nice food, eat nice food, sip herbal tea, get early nights…

8 Likes

There are plenty of threads on the topic and of hobbies.

3 Likes

Crafts, hobbies, shows, lol I get a little too involved in fictional characters lives :joy:

3 Likes

Lately I’ve been playing my Nintendo switch a lot lol they have all the old games from my childhood on there which consequently I recall how much they piss me off but also I enjoy the memories with my brother.

Sometimes I do my step work reading AA texts.

I’ve been watching old shows lately too, enjoying episodes of cheers because the main character is an alcoholic. Also, it makes me feel like I’m part of the old bar scene from the safety of my couch just watching the stories :joy: it’s not triggering for me personally and when I’m done I just walk upstairs sober and go to bed

I spend time with my pets that I didn’t give them when I was drinking

Spend some times praying and reflecting quietly

It all varies but I find that time at the end of the day to be a blessing where I can enjoy some quiet time away from the world which is always fighting for my attention in a million directions

4 Likes

Plenty to fill the boredom. The list is endless.

I’ve got my family, the Gym, football coaching, going to shows and I’m active in my Trade Union. Always busy, which makes a huge difference. It reduces the temptation because it’s just not feasible.

Basically do what your previous life stopped you doing or do something that the new you wants to try.

7 Likes

My dear old Nanna used to say to me if i said i was bored…

‘Kelly…only boring people get bored!!’ :laughing:

10 Likes

Replace the word boredom with empty- because it gives you time to fill instead. It also makes it super exciting to explore all your interests and find the time to try/do them with the empty space you now have! I think it really helps instead of saying I’m bored right now to say this time is empty right now. What can I do with it? How can I make the most out of this beautiful sober time I now have to invest in myself…

8 Likes