The Coffee Shop ☕️

Good morning Joyce

Morning @JazzyS @Zse
The Ol one two.
1 doppio espresso
1 Americano
I feel so confident now that I know how to order my coffee in the morning.
Vorrei un doppio espresso e un americano, per favore.
Grazie mille! :pray:t2: (thanks a million or a million thanks.)

12 Likes

Sorry, but I have to ask. What exactly is an Americano?

Over here we have:
Black Coffee
Coffee with milk
Espresso
Cappuccino
Latte (aka milk with a splash of coffee) usually there’s vanilla, salted caramel or hazelnut you can choose from.

And that’s pretty much it.

3 Likes

Buongiorno , un espresso con latte freddo, prego :grin:

3 Likes

Good morning :sun_with_face: @JazzyS @MrsOdh @Soberbilly @Dazercat

6 Likes

It’s black coffee. Like the Italian espresso maybe a double and they add extra hot water to it. That is what’s in the little white pot. So I get my “jump start!” And then I can sit and drink, sip, a black coffee.

2 Likes

Before I came I watched this YouTube over and over again. I love this guy. I even made sure we went to the oldest coffee bar in Florence. I think it’s only 8 minutes long. But I just love this guy. I wanted to take him with me.

Edit @MrsOdh he tells you exactly what they serve in Italy.

6 Likes

Thank you :blush:
I’ll check that out later today.
Now kids are off to school in a bit.
They start 08.30 around here,cause about 60% of the kids live way out on the country side and needs to go by bus.

3 Likes

4 Likes

6:45 am Doopio

6:47 am Cappuccino

6:55 am Americano

Might be ready now.
@JazzyS

9 Likes

Time for another 12:41 pm
Well, everyone else is drinking wine!

9 Likes

2:21pm

9 Likes

Living the dream :smiling_face:…they all look so yummy and rich
200w

4 Likes

Single espresso at 6:08
Needed a pick me up after a full day out and before dinner.

7 Likes

That looks delicious :yum::yum:
Hope it gives you the right amount of pick me up but let’s you sleep later :smiling_face:

My goodness I’m drooling over all the desserts…just came from the foodie thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Morning hope you’re cutting the :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Last gorgeous morning here :cry:

9 Likes

Are you going back home already?

1 Like

Walking from our hotel in Santa Margherita to Portofino today, and later on, get our bus to Florence for Friday night and Saturday night. Head home Sunday morning. It’s so beautiful over here. Just lovin every bit of it :heart:

4 Likes

I see,it sounds like a wonderful trip, enjoy. :blush:

1 Like

Trying to get warm after this mornings walk, with some Norwegian blackcurrant instant drink.

6 Likes

Morning thoughts… Just got four days off. Money is tight but all ok. Diet is good. Just wishing for some improved weather. Enjoying my work. But also wondering what retirement would feel like. (I can probably retire when I am 63? So about six years off) I like the idea of stopping and just chilling a whole lot longer than a weekend

3 Likes