The detox at the hospital

As I wrote here before I used to do Fentanyl for a couple of months. I tried to quit once, but got scared when the withdrawal symptoms started and bought more. The second time I went all in though and didn’t buy more Fentanyl even when the withdrawal symptoms got really bad, like. REALLY bad. I was shaking all over, feeling both hot and cold flashes, vomiting anything that I took orally, in pain, drenched in sweat… I tried hospitalizing myself at a psychiatric hospital but they sent me to the ER to be looked after because the doctor that saw me said I might die, which wasn’t very comforting to say the least. The ER kept me for a few hours, gave me meds to help the symptoms, then discharged me at like 1 AM to go back home. I spent around a week physically recovering from all that shit which was traumatizing as fuck by the way because I was completely on my own for most of it. I thought that the memory of the detox will keep me from using again and it did, for 2 months, but then I relapsed because my life just fucking sucks ass right now and I don’t know how else to cope. I was begging for death while I was detoxing, it was so awful, my friend was with me on the phone trying to comfort me while I was at the hospital and she heard everything, the vomiting, the sobbing, I kept telling her I’m scared and that I’m going to die. I really thought that an experience THAT awful will be enough to keep me from using again but nope the urge to use was too strong and I gave in. I went back on Fentanyl but nowadays I use other things. Hoping to end this cycle eventually.

5 Likes

Hi, the wheel sucks. I’m a drunk but who gives a fuck, the disease is the same. It took me going to inpatient treatment to get some good footing and start to work a no-shit program.
You can too! Research where you can get into, surround yourself with like minded people, live life differently. Hugs

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story. It seems like you’re in a vicious circle of addiction. You are here though, asking for support. This shows you have some tools and a willingness to overcome your addiction. What happened during withdrawal makes me think you should seek professional/medical help to quit Fentanyl. Have you tried a rehab facility? This type of support can monitor and help keep you safe through withdrawal. Doing it on your own must’ve been a terrible experience. Glad that you’re here to tell your story. Keep checking in here, as this community is here for you. We look out for each other. Keep your head up, you’ve got this!

1 Like