The end of Dry January

I noticed some people joined the forum because they were doing dry January. Hopefully those who have done that have taken note of positive changes they have seen this past month. Here is an article to remind you and the rest of us that we don’t want “Hangxiety” and how good it feels to wake up without it. Happy Sunday and keep fighting the good fight.

10 Likes

My initial goal was to do dry january. As i realized how difficult that is, i am highly motivated to continue into February. Reading a lot of the postings here i did learn a lot and take it one day at a time. Tonight i will go to bed sober. In part this has been achieved through this forum.

13 Likes

That’s awesome! Keep coming the forum all you need! It has helped many of us and glad that you want to continue on.

1 Like

Dry January is history - dry February has just started! Luckily february is three days shorter than january :wink:

4 Likes

Every month is dry for me, forever. Day 425. Never going back.

5 Likes

Currently i am just trying to set myself goals that seem to be achievable. Forever is so long and far away. But i promise to go to bed sober tonight

1 Like

When you’ve tasted how sweet freedom is, and contrast that with the bitterness of bondage, you wish forever was even longer.

I am 52. I have more years behind me than I do in front of me. Lord only knows how many years this will be, but I want to live those years well.

And by living them well, I mean living them sober. I’ve sworn off alcohol, forever, and I mean it.

But I am me, and you are you. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

This is really inspiring. Keep it up. I do not know if i would have made that far without this forum. I really enjoy this freedom you have mentioned

1 Like

Yes. I made it. Its the end of dry february now. I will go marching on to dry March :wink::muscle:. Even though i had absolutely no idea what it will be like and how it will feel, when i had my last drink on Jan 1st, but i am so proud that i made it so far. It feels so good, i feel so free. Nothing is having any control over me, except myself. This is really great stuff.

8 Likes

Well done, proud of you. :two_hearts::bird::+1:

1 Like

Dry 2019 :laughing:

1 Like

Changed from “DryJanuary” first to “Dry First Quarter 2019” to now “Dry 2019” :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for all your positive feedback here on TS @aircircle @anon30771928

2 Likes

As this thread seems to document my progress, i just wanted to let you know that i took out any reference regarding the time to stay sober :grin:

7 Likes