The Feb29ers (Feb 29th, March 1st)

read your posts. you made it. only one breath at the time. Hope you are having a restfull sleep and the new day anxiety levels might be bit down.

Morning dear friends.

So day #2 for me. Im waking up nearly as anoxiuos as yesterday. I have never tried that before i think this might be the cornor for me. No more day 1 im pretty sure m. I Think and feel in my body that there will be no more relapse, not that i wont have cravings because i will, but here it goes i have never felt this before. I want to Say goodbye to the worst friend i have ever had. So goodbye alcohol you will no more have the power to ruin my life. I know some might just think that yes yes lets see in two weeks it might happen again, but no, i will still take it one day at a time, even one minut or one second at a time. But i cant forgive or accept myself right now if i dont make these changes. So what new alternatives would i use the next time i want a drink. The first thing is, that i will attend meetings, in the beginning it will be online meetings and the next thing will be doing a meeting in person. Before i was just staying away from alcohol, but actually not done more active things for it myself i think i just thought oh this will pass if i just sit here not drinking. But it wont, i will need to do something for it. And i have found the big book and will begin my 12 step working aswell.

I hope that it will be okay for me to ask for your help to get through this second day aswell, im sure cant do this alone.

3 Likes

Good morning love,

It’s wonderful to read your post, and will do anything I can to help.

I screwed up myself yesterday afternoon went on zombie mode again. But today is a new day.

Check in and ask for help as much as you need to. I’ll do the same.

2 Likes

Thanks alot. I really need you guys. My tears are just pouring out of my eyes.

2 Likes

One of my favorite sayings is “today is the first day of the rest of my life.” I’m heartened to read what you have written! Perhaps start each morning with that mantra as you begin the work of staying sober for the day and working on building your sober muscles, adding tools to your toolbox and practicing them. I need to sleep a bit more, but I’ll check back a little later.

I need to. Hope you sleep well. Im on my way down to get antabuse they have given me a last chance so i better use it well this time

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan!
Keep on checking in!

1 Like

Just been down there. On my way home now i feel so sad i could just cry all the time

Hey all. I really got a lot out of reading this article. I highly recommend it. You can even plug drinking in there and it makes so much sense, at least it did for me.

2 Likes

I will have a look at it. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

It was actually a good article and actually the first time these few days that i have been able to even concentrated enough to read through a whole article. Thank you!

1 Like

What did the doctor say?

The doctor? I didnt see one. I only showed up at the addiction center showed them i was sober by making the blow test, getting my antabuse and having a talk. And made an agreement to either call every day or sent an e-mail to let them Know how im doing and they will respond so i know im not alone. And that i can do this

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear that your feeling a bit better today, the sobriety plans you are making sound great. In lieu of having any phone numbers from AA to call when you feel like a drink how about reaching out on here next time, before acting on any cravings etc.I believe you that you have no intention of drinking again but this is a cunning beast we fight.
I was told something in my first couple of days here that had saved me more than a few times and that is to ‘never crave alone!’ so when a craving hits come and share about it. Have a good day. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh OK I thought you went to the doctor for the medication.

1 Like

I will and thank you very much for believing me. Yes it indeed is a beast and will go on this time when i feel its getting near. That is also something i havent done before unfortunately

1 Like

Well we live and learn, have you looked up sobriety toolbox on here-- there are some great ideas from what other people have in theirs. With all these changes it looks like things are looking up, you just have to get over feeling crappy for now. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not yet but i will do so. I think tomorrow will be less overwhelming than today. Today im in touch with alot of people talking everything out of the system and will try an online meeting later today.

3 Likes

How are you all :heart:

2 Likes

Goodnight every one. End of day two for me a bit more calm. Hoping for a good night sleep and that it will give me strength and a miracle for tomorrow :heart::heart: thanks to your all

3 Likes