The fellowship is my everything

Ok guys
I offer support to quite a few people on this site and im ashamed to say i relapsed lastnight

Im comming clean in hopes people can use it as a lesson

I am ashamed

Im going to add ciggs to the quit load

My sobriety date is 11-16-19 at 12am
Ciggs are the same

Plz dont pick up because of a full of sht kid like me

But with every1s supporte
And with RIGOROUS HONESTY i can see a really great road ahead

i need this chance to prove myself
plz dont let me down

I WILL NOT DRINK

the fellowship is all i know

10 Likes

Mate you have done the best thing coming on here and being open , please dont be ashamed relapses happen and we just have to learn from them and sometimes it takes that to finally get us on the the right path for good …for someone like me who is 379 days in recovery relapse is always a major worry because of my mental health , so thankyou for your share its touched me my friend :grin:

4 Likes

my man, sobriety is amazing

i got bits and pieces and i even love that

2 Likes

You can do it. Get back on the horse and learn from this mistake. It’s part of the journey

4 Likes

i didnt go too far deep in the bottle so atleast theres that

4 Likes

Get back on the horse my friend… Please. Ask your higher power to open the way for you to make the right decisions. Sending you prayers of strength and self forgiveness.

4 Likes

I think that it takes MAJOR inner strength to be honest with yourself and to reset your date… :100: I had to do that too once… PLEASE don’t ever forget how far that you have come… Not a single day that you made the right choices… Right now, not only is this a lesson to other’s but it’s where your true power comes from and that’s from learning from it… If we learn from it, we grow from it… :point_up::blush:

To me a relapse is an reaction… Alcohol, drugs etc are a poor solution to any problem… Things I had to think about when that happened to me was 1. WHAT CAUSED ME TO RELAPSE??? 2. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO DIFFERENTLY TO ENSURE THAT I DON’T DO THIS AGAIN???

Hope that helps…

3 Likes

Relapse generates an awful wave of negative feelings. Learn from it. You have already started the sobriety again, so the relapse is in the past. This maybe a glass half full glass half empty thought, but you could not of relapsed without being sober first.

2 Likes

get to a meeting get a sponsor , you say sobriety is amazing so make it work effort and desire wish you well

2 Likes

We can destroy this thing together. I will follow all of you to Mordor and back.

4 Likes

Hell no, I stopped following those folks to Mordor years ago, I’ve been on the path to Rivendell ever since!

2 Likes

Can’t destroy the one ring in Rivendell though… :thinking:

2 Likes

… But the elves are so pretty :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If alcoholism is the one ring, I’ll never be cured, I’ve just learned not to put it on anymore and the burden gets lighter all the time

3 Likes

If I know anything about carrying the burden of addiction, it’s that even after you’ve thrown it away, you are forever changed. Just like Frodo, he could not go back to the life he once knew.

2 Likes

lol

thanks guys im here

yes i can. im houest with myself and others

no law breaking

and i noticed my alcohol abuse is getting less

i turn it down much more

1 Like

But we can’t take the ship to the Grey Havens like Frodo did. Alas, we are doomed to remain here in middle earth

2 Likes

i feel very good about it also

i havnt even had a cigg sence 645am

now its 256pm and i still dont want it

1 Like

But all nerdness aside. I suggest that you look back on where your relapse really began. For most of us, a relapse begins days, weeks or even months before we picked up a drink.

4 Likes