The future and inspiration!

Anyone have any anecdotes of things to look forward to in the future? Trying to lean into what is around me, but would love to hear about what things, or feelings keep you happy

4 Likes

Close relationships with your loved ones, and deeper, more fulfilling friendships.

3 Likes

These never fail to inspire thanks Matt

2 Likes

I’m 976 days in and here are things I did not know would happen in my life without alcohol…

-much better sleep. It took a few months, but now it is amazing.

-much much less anxiety. And here I thought I needed a drink to calm down.

• a lot more money! Not only do I not spend on alcohol, but I don’t spend on all that came with it and while under the influence!

• an ability to really pay attention to all that is happening in my life. Being present for hard things and for amazing things!

-actual fun in exercise because I’m not dragging a hungover body around.

• reduced blood pressure.

-improved marriage, with a lot of credit here for my hubby having quit drinking too.

-improved attention span because I’m not obsessing about my next drink

-improved energy for anything

• no worries about driving or being in unsafe situations because of drinking

-peace. Some real peace.

Is it easy to get to all of this? No. But it is worth it!! :100:

6 Likes

Wow! Now this is inspiration!

It been a hard ten days so far, and frankly a hard month getting to this point with little sleep and a hard time eating, but these are the hopes I am holding onto and committing to.

With guidance from my program I am sure I can do it too. Thanks so much!

1 Like

You have a strong support group here. Reach out, make small goals and know everyday you don’t drink/use, you will feel better. :pray:t2::muscle:

2 Likes