The High Fantasy Reading Thread

@Meggers I am excited to reach that book 4. . I love your book pictures. If you realized I tried to imitate you

Haha, you flatter! I’m so glad you are enjoying them. Maybe we can get @Ninetales and @DungeonMaster to reread them again and we can all have the nerdiest book club ever! And the longest book club ever!

3 Likes

So it’s not a book or all that “high fantasy” from what I am told, but I just watched Serenity. I have never seen Firefly, but now I definitely want to. Snicker all you want at my noobness but I’m trying lol

1 Like

Firefly fucking rocks!

1 Like

Please explain. What’s firefly?

Also, not going to reread Jordan any time soon. So, much more to read!

1 Like

Haha, I totally understand. Even I’m a little intimidated by 15 books. But I can’t go a day without reading them and I’d never stop. I’m also trying not to spend too much money right now and when I’m reading new stuff I not only buy what I want to read, but whatever else sounds good. Have to be strategic about the monies.

1 Like

It was a show on Fox in 2003. They cancelled it midseason for reasons unknown. They then made a movie in 2005 to wrap everything up. Don’t you have the Googles out in Washington?

2 Likes

Firefly is a sci-fi western TV show starring Nathan Fillion (swoon). It’s freaking delightful. Also if anyone is 8nterested in high fantasy TV, check out the show The Magicians. Awesome.
PS - one character is a courtesan

1 Like

I’ve been told I look like a handsome Nathan Fillion.

Bwahahahaha. I peed a little laughing at that.

1 Like

I wanted to hear it from you! Sounds good. Can’t promise I’ll watch it, now that I know it gets a mid-season axe.

I’ve never seen it myself but the movie was great. It had high ratings when it got cancelled. There was something fishy going on

Someone must have gotten assassinated.

It didn’t have high ratings actually. Just a select, vocal fan base that helped get Serenity made.

1 Like

Oh. Well then Wikipedia lied. It said they had like 4.7 million viewers, which ain’t bad

2 Likes

When I. I will receive the number two I will post a book picture again! Following your steps. I vote for a book club like you said!:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

2 Likes

I will recommend Buffy the Vampire series to everyone too. Movie is terrible! Season 1 is pretty bad. But everything after that is amazing!!

2 Likes

BtVS is amazing. Our friends named their son Xander. The movie sucked. The musical episode in season 6 is fucking magical and hilarious!

2 Likes

Thank you!! When I tell people the show will make you laugh you ass off and then cry they look at me like “really?”

3 Likes

Definitely. One of my undergraduate professors actually wrote a book about the way Buffy changed linguistics. It has some amazing levels to it. Dark Willow is my favorite!

1 Like