The journey

Good morning everybody, it’s day 6 and I feel amazing mentally and physically. Had a slight urge about ten minutes ago and I just started thinking about how my day would end if I took that drink and the urge went right away. We are strong enough to do this!

7 Likes

Awesome! I am trying to remind myself the urges are not really me thinking rationally that I really want a drink, it’s just habit, the addiction, boredom, etc. We have old habits to break and new healthier habits to create!

4 Likes

Great job fighting the urge the more clean time you get the less urges you will have keep up the good work

3 Likes

One ‘trick’ I’ve been using and will continue to use is to not think of the fun of the first hour and first couple of drinks. Thats the love affair/infatuation bit. That shit aint real, though.

I need and continue to think of the mayhem and terror after a few hours and too many drinks in. That bitter divorce part. I’m working on associating thoughts of drinking with the badness it brings a few hours in.

3 Likes

Yes! That’s why I keep a note in my phone with my pros and cons of drinking list and turn to it when I feel a wavering of conviction or urge!

@Ron12 nice job on your 6 days!!!

3 Likes