The little things that make your day

Well, I’m a truck driver by occupation, so I always appreciate it when someone shows me courtesy on the road…lets me merge over into a lane or make a lane change without flooring it to get around me. Likewise, I’m courteous and patient with other truckers too on my off time in my personal vehicle. I know what it’s like! :smiley:

6 Likes

My sons smile always brightens my day. My husbands hugs bcuz i always feel safe. I also love the chirping of the early morning birds (ironically this used to be a sound i HATED back in the day when i had been up all night using). I also love laying in the sun when it shines thru the window.

7 Likes

I really want to be able to do this. Or at the very least, return smiles given to me in passing…I just don’t have that reflex to smile back quickly enough.

Smiling at people you don’t know/for no reason is very brave, in my opinion. There’s a level of vulnerability to it. It’s part of the person I’ve wanted to be for a long, long time and I just can’t do it.

Smile at/talk to animals, though? Every single time.

5 Likes

Try initiating the smile? Choose friendly looking faces at first? You can make someone’s day :heart: it’s fine if you didn’t smile back at me, I’d still smile at you…

Then have the inferiority complex back at home :rofl::rofl::rofl: joking, I wouldn’t. But I still feel good about it. Lots of people really smile back and I see the surprise on their own faces! I tricked them into a splice of happy cake.

5 Likes

That’s the thing, initiating it is even more against the grain for me than returning one given! lol

I think part of it is cultural - smiling at strangers, starting a chat with strangers, etc is just not something people do in the part of the US where I’m from originally. People are kind but generally keep to themselves.

The bigger part is conditioning. Somewhere in my life I learned it’s safer to keep the wall up. That’s what I have to work through.
It also doesn’t help that I have severe “resting mean face”, I’ve had people tell me in the past that it made them scared to approach me initially.

That said, I’m usually thrilled when someone initiates conversation with me. There’s a guy at my gym, maybe 10-15 years older than me, who is just one of those guys that is gregarious and chatty, talks to EVERYONE. Very likeable. Month or two ago, he picked me to talk to. Now I have someone to fist-bump in the gym and say hi to sometimes, that’s nice.
But I wish I could BE that guy!

7 Likes

The light shining in their eyes when the kids at school are showing me something they just made or discovered. Priceless blessing

5 Likes

Adding a splash of color to my profile up here that has a double symbolic meaning. Not sure why more people dont customize there profiles up here lol

3 Likes

omg i relate to this a lot! I’m an agency teaching assistant, so i go to new schools and work with different kids all the time. and it’s so sweet how they introduce me to their toys, and even when the kids i’m not working with come and show me stuff they’ve made or ask me questions. I really do love it!!!

2 Likes

It sounds strange but taking my medication. I’m very aware that there are places in the world where people die because they can’t get insulin and epilepsy meds. I feel so lucky to live in a country where the cost is covered by my taxes.

5 Likes

My daughter made my day yet again today…she had a play day with her cousin at our house today, i didnt do much i took them for sweets, made them a ‘party lunch’ and they went off and played with her toys, after my neice went home my daughter came over to me, gave me a big hug and said thank you for today mama…ive had a great day! Seriously what did i do to deserve this kid :face_holding_back_tears::heart:

3 Likes

oh that is just so sweet❤️

1 Like