The little things that make your day

What are some of the little thing that make your guy’s day?

today i went to my local corner shop, which i go to almost daily (just for a little walk and to get out of the house)

Said hello to the lady at the till, and she asked if it was okay for her to pop to the toilet quickly. i said yeah of course. and she said ‘thank you, i’ve been waiting for someone i can trust to come in so i can leave the shop floor’

really made my day :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Awe, that’s so nice! I love having positive interactions with strangers. Sometimes I’ll go to the store even if I don’t need anything just to get out of the house and have some human contact, lol. But if I’m just home, my daughter makes my day. If she’s not here, my cats always do :heart_eyes_cat: I also really like when I catch a glimpse of wild animals in my travels. Always makes me smile :smiley:

12 Likes

I always try to smile at everyone in the street. Even if they don’t smile back, I get a boost from it. I say hello to animals, even birds and insects.

Maybe that makes me a bit coucou but it works for me.

18 Likes

My neighbours asking me for garden advice and sharing my knowledge

15 Likes

Great thread!!
The last thing that made my day was bumping into someone i hadnt seen in about 15 years…he was part of the crowd i used to go out drinking with…we all used to drink and take drugs together back in the day …he was telling me how his wife… who also was part of the crowd had now been sober for 4 years…knowing what i know now this made me feel so happy for her and genuinely made my day :blush:

11 Likes

that’s so sweet❤️ I also go to the shop even if i don’t need anything, usually just buy a bottle of Dr Pepper lol. It’s just good for me to leave the house, even if it’s for 10 minutes

3 Likes

maybe i’m a bit coucou too then, because i also say hello to animals hahah. I sometimes take photos to send to my partner too

3 Likes

that’s so lovely! it’s always nice to have a chat with neighbours. Mine don’t speak a lot of english but they always bring over polish food if they have a party, and we always give each other christmas cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that’s so lovely!! it’s so nice hearing positive news about people you haven’t seen / heard off in a while!

1 Like

When my children say that I’m the best cook, though clearly I’m not🤘

6 Likes

nothing like a parent’s cooking though❤️ something special about it

1 Like

Watching/being with my dogs.

Chief is very particular but very loving and funny. I’ve had him since he was 10 weeks old, he just turned 8 last month, so we have a very tight bond that way.

I’ve only had Ozzy for 6 months since rescuing him, but can’t imagine life without him now. He’s about 2 years old. I swear this dog has springs in his feet, he’s like a cartoon character. It has been a treat to watch him go from a fearful, neglected, and likely abused dog to being the joyous, loving, still-kinda-feral little guy that he is.

They both have this level of pure, natural joy in them that I hope to be able to reach myself someday.

9 Likes

Ive been taking my 7 year old daughter Sofia to swimming lessons for well over a year now…by nature shes pretty careful with everything…everything is done in her own sweet time…she was afraid of putting her face in bless her but very recently shes started doing it finally…this morning she demonstrated to the new starters at swimming how she puts her face into the water and blows bubbles out of her nose! That made my day today, i was so proud of her :heart:

11 Likes

Was in gym this morning and was watching the tv and it was a feature on dogs who need artificial legs and they showed a dog getting there first legs fitted , it jumped up and was running around and looked so happy and couldnt stop jumping on everyone, genuinely was on cross trainer smiling and happy :grinning:

7 Likes

i remember going for a walk in the park and someone was taking their sausage dog on a walk. it was missing its back legs and had wheels instead. was so lovely to see it going about like the average dog

2 Likes

pets are so lovely to be around. i can imagine the joy from watching a dog’s personality grow and change

2 Likes

aww that’s so nice!! so lovely seeing little ones overcoming fears or things they’re nervous about

1 Like

For me it’s being nice, polite and courteous to people, wherever I go. Sometimes interaction develops over time, like the greeting between me and the guy who works at the bike shed at the train station that’s part of my commute that by now, by times, has turned into a regular conversation. And, like @Tragicfarinelli, even not getting a reaction can be fun, like with a grumpy neighbour that never answers back. I just keep saying hello whenever we meet and everytime it makes me chuckle, after initially being taken aback by his lack of response.

8 Likes

I agree. A sprinkle of love adds to the flavour :yum:

1 Like

yes i know what you mean! it’s nice when people respond, and it can give you a bit of a giggle when they dont

2 Likes