The Little Thread of Sunshine šŸŒž (with a chance of rain)

Day 11. Feeling great today. Went to the ceremony at church because my two little twin nieces were baptized today. And now there is a big family event/ party with friends and family. Big lunch. Coffee cake and of course almost everybody is drinking. Some weeks ago it would have been me too drinking. But now Iā€™m leaning back with my coke zero and enjoying the showšŸ˜œ it is quite funny to see a lot of people drinking and talking nonsenseā€¦ One of the guys asked me three times the same thing alreadyā€¦ Hahahaā€¦ Actually also a bit scary thinking it is only 2:30pmā€¦ Alcohol is so widely accepted in our society. Iā€™m not suffering to not drink. Iā€™m thankful and happy when I think about tomorrow getting up without a hangover being able to go to work fit!!!

5 Likes

received_2433835506839542

6 Likes

I like your thread Julia. Thanks for sharing. Youā€™re doing great!

1 Like

Hi @adeygaga49.
I commend your strength to get up and try again. Never give upā€¦ Never.

Did I understand correctly that you were triggered by being alone at home while your daughter was out with friends?

1 Like

@adeygaga49 Hey Adrienne. I hope you are doing better today? Iā€™m a bit worried. I hope you feel alright. Thinking of you!!! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Iā€™m ok Julia thank you for thinking of me. Went out for lunch to a coffee shop with a friend and it was nice to get out. Iā€™m just quite sad today so Iā€™m a bit quiet but Iā€™m ok. Youā€™re doing fantastic by the way. Really proud of you xxšŸ˜Š

1 Like

Thatā€™s very good to get out. To be with friends. To get your mind thinking of better things. I understand that you are sad but better days will come again I know. And you have made it further before. Now you start again. Maybe try something different this time?
The best thing is that you are honest to yourself :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ve downloaded audio books on sobriety and a quit drinking hypnosis thing also. Tomorrow Iā€™m going to look at smart recovery online and get totally focussed. I start work full time on the 3rd June and I hope it will also help me focus and keep busy. Thank you for your kindness x

1 Like

You can do this girl. I know you can!
Iā€™m really sorry you had to reset Adrienne.
Keep smiling :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Geoff I do know Iā€™m getting to the point of no return and itā€™s probably frustrating for you guys with lots of sober time to see the trip ups but I know Iā€™m a completely different person to even a month ago or I could not have left someone I still love. Iā€™m working on it and Iā€™m getting it more than Iā€™m not getting it but I still have a way to go. Iā€™m most definitely not giving up though. I wouldnā€™t even be this far forward without this forum. Deep breaths shoulders back and on I go :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hugs Cate, did you manage a nice chilled day? X

1 Like

So I have been exactly where you have been not long ago. Reset after reset. I seriously started asking myself what to do different what to changeā€¦ For me it helped being on this app a lot. Reading about others has helped me sooooo much. And seeing how everyone is succeeding here motivated me a lot. Ultimately what helps me staying sober day by day now is the feeling I have every morning. And every dayā€¦ Wishing you all the best and reach out here often!!

3 Likes

We will indeed with lots of support. Thinking of you. Sleep time here xx

1 Like

My mind is all over the shop to, so much info to take in, itā€™s all whizzing round. Think tomorrow some meditation in the morning before I go pick the boy up from grandads.

Been a lovely day here though, Iā€™m feeling good, and hope you are again soon :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart: Youā€™ve got this sweetie! Xx

2 Likes

Your right tommorrows a new day, get up make the bed and take it from there. Xx

Oh you are right. Now I remember that it was you saying you will disappear for a while? :joy: What happened to that? Donā€™t get me wrong I think we all enjoy you here but you need to do of course whatā€™s best for you! Good luck with it

1 Like

How are you today @anon51407452??

And how are you Adrienne @adeygaga49?

1 Like

Hi Julia Iā€™m doing ok although I spent all morning waiting on a gas man to replace my boiler but was a no show ! Have to wait until Wednesday now. Iā€™ve just been grocery shopping and home now. Thank you for thinking of me :slightly_smiling_face:. Going to cheer myself up by looking at holidays for next year. Canā€™t do a big one this year. Hope youā€™re still doing good. And you @anon51407452 :slightly_smiling_face:

Where abouts are you again Cate I forget x