The Most Beautiful Thing

I always loved the movie American Beauty and ever since it came out, if i see a plastic bag flying around, i laugh and say, “Look it’s the most beautiful thing!”. The other day I went to sit outside to smoke a cigarette (I’m working on that :frowning: ). The sun was shining and it was very quiet and peaceful (in my neighborhood, that’s rare). Then I see a plastic bag floating oh so gracefully through the air and I was captivated by it. In that moment, it really was the most beautiful thing. That was a perfect little moment in time for me. It was just a nice little reminder to myself to look for all the beauty that surronds us in this world. It is there if we just pay attention and get out of our own head long enough to notice. From now on, I’m going to look for the beauty and the positives in life. I just though I would share that. Does anyone else have a beautiful moment to share? :slight_smile:

11 Likes

There are a million "Most Beautiful Things"
My daughter. I always say, "You are my Most Beautiful Thing…in the 12 and Under Category"
My wife in the 13 and Over Category. I mean even first thing in the morning, in a t shirt, no make up, hair all over the place. I kiss her forehead and say, “You are my Most Beautiful Thing”. The 13 and Over Category goes unstated :0)
I always called my late son, “My Beautiful Boy”.
Outside a window at work is a view of rolling hills that stretch to a large (for Appalachia) mountain.
An old railway tunnel where I ride my bike.
The confluence of three rivers in the town where I grew up.
The San Francisco Peaks in Arizona.
The Atlanta Skyine at night.
The Bay Bridge in SF.
The Sunshine Skyway from Egmont Key.
It’s everywhere and it’s easy to see sober.
Best
Chandler

3 Likes

Love this! Such a great movie :two_hearts: I work in a really delapidated community mental health center in a really delapidated city so this is a good exercise for me. Our clients are suffering immeasurably and walking through the lobby can feel so heavy sometimes…but I do whatever I can to “improve the moment.” This morning I noticed that our receptionist had crafted some of those pens that have fake flowers taped around them. In a sea of brown/grey/dinginess around them, the lovely pink and yellow flowers made me smile.

3 Likes

I do the same thing ever time I see a plastic bag…reminds me of America Beauty…can’t help but stop and watch.
Also, watching snails move slowly with intent with their homes on their back, butterflies flitting their wings to show off their colors , watching my dog sunbathe and run in his dreams, clouds floating on by, leaves floating down and flowers dropping off to reseed, things outside aging and rusting, old couples walking slowly and holding hands…years of struggle and love between them, aging together. Watching people in sobriety progress from despair to joy in their eyes and in their attitude.

3 Likes

I saw a calf yesterday that was brindle.
I know right? But brindle cows? Best coloration ever. If I had hair, I’d want it to be brindle.
Best,
Chandler

3 Likes

We have brindle longhorn here in Texas

2 Likes

I’ll get a pic today if I can. Plus I pass an OERO cow too. White on top and bottom. Black inntbe middle.
S-L-O-W day at work. I tried to warn Y’all.

3 Likes

Oh my @Oliverjava that tree behind Java and Mr Dozer is mind blowingly huge. I hope to visit the redwoods someday. I have a thing for trees…they get me :grin:

2 Likes

Washington state is one of my favorite places. Snoqualmie National Forest is incredible

1 Like

@Oliverjava One of our customers is a retired Forest Ranger…he said Jedediah Smith Redwood State Park on the Oregon/California border where it meets the ocean is where to go.

1 Like

Yah the days when I go away for a bit and come outside and Smell fresh air after being locked up

2 Likes

:muscle::kiss::weight_lifting_man::scream::footprints::sweat_smile::thinking::bear::crown: happy life happy u

2 Likes

Oh, so jealous! I love it there

Oh @MelB great idea. Need to add this to my list

Yout brindle calf, Sir.
S/he was being uncooperative so I couldn’t get real close.
Best,
Chandler

1 Like

:cow: they are so stinking cute I’ve actually worked in a barn .before hard ads work

1 Like