The next right thing

Don’t mean to derail, but your thread is buried. How is the new gig going? Enjoying it?

1 Like

Yes. The bloom is still on the rose.

1 Like

I don’t know if Krav Maga would suit me, but I might give it a go, however, I still favour a good solid wooden Base Ball bat, in fact I have a Rawlings full size in our hall cupboard :eyes: :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Krav Maga is for average regular people, for self-defense. It’s not like the sport arts such as BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai, which require long hours of training and physical conditioning in order to be effective. I tell my students that I can have them master the basics in a month, 2 classes a week and just about everything they’ll need to get through what they might face in about 6 months.

Krav skills you take with you everywhere you go. Can’t say that about a Louisville slugger.

5 Likes

I didn’t realise that about Krav Magar!
I’ll definitely see if there’s any trainers near me. Do you need any special clothing? :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I’m sorry this happened to you.
But you did the right thing. A very brave thing!

4 Likes

That’s up to the school. My students wear sweat pants and the school t-shirt. I would recommend a cup though. Can’t be too careful there.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, it’s really much appreciated :+1: :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Thank you :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

1 Like

The antibiotics have finally kicked in, but I’m still only smiling with one side, should get better as the swelling goes down :blush:

1 Like

Good to see you with your one-sided smile!

Final update, the Consultant at ENT said the actual nasal bone isn’t broken :+1: but the lower cartilage has been displaced :-1: it should reseat itself, but, if it’s no better by October :eyes: get referred back to them.
I had the stitches out yesterday and it feels a lot better, still got some swelling, if it’s not gone down by Friday they’ll repeat the antibiotics.
So all in all, I’m happy, the smiles still a bit lopsided but that will improve over time.
As has been said it could have been a lot worse.
Thank you all for your support :heart:

3 Likes

Hey, there you smile again! :blush:

This will be my final post on this thread.
I’ve had the stitches out and the infection has cleared up.
The wound is healing nicely, so all that’s left is a bit of swelling inside my lip and pain from the damaged cartilage in my nose, which, the Consultant assures me wii fade with time :crossed_fingers:and possibly a small scar :-1:
Thank you all once again for your concern and your good wishes.
I’m now putting this incident to bed, there’s no resentments against the young man who did it to me, for 2 reasons; I can’t remember what he looks like or who he was as I’d never seen him before or since, and the fact that he was out of his mind on something other than alcohol, so to certain degree not ‘responsible’ for his actions!
So I’m just letting this go and handing it over to my HP.
He can meter out any punishment or teaching as he deems appropriate.
There is only one thing I ask my HP for in this matter, and that is the young man gets the help he doesn’t know he needs before he kills someone, I was very, very lucky.
:innocent:&:smiling_imp: