The Power goes sober

Working in pharmacy I see it primarily prescribed for muscle relaxant and have never heard of it being used in combating alcoholism but I went to my medscape website and found this. Seems very off label and most likely would not work for everyone. It shouldn’t be taken together for sure and maybe that is the base of the thinking. Interesting read for sure

4 Likes

dang I put them backwards. Read the second one first :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Man this post reminds me of 2 years ago. Denying your problem, looking for easy ways out, and I’m sure the combativeness is next now that people are calling you out.

8 Likes

I had a doctor put me on this stuff for my back about a year ago, and other doctors couldn’t believe it when I told them. It’s a strong anti-spasm med meant primarily for treating MS, as you found.

It did fuck-all for my back.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your reactions, great that the people here are open to new addiction therapies and i totally understand if you are sceptic. But i’m doing this under medical support and i thought about that very carefully.

I’m also in special baclofen forum in my own language and there are many people who found the way out of their addiction. But not just this, they are happy sober today because they have no or just weak cravings. Its a chance, so give it a try.

If you are also intressed to try baclofen, great. But do this under medical supervision.

@Lisa07 Yes, i’m drinking. But it was less than before. Its a good start😎

@Englishd Youre right, i’m searching for a easy way so that i didnt have to fight anymore. And youre right about my thinking two years ago. But theres a big difference from then to now: I dont want to moderate anymore. Today, im done with alcohol. I just want this poison throwing out of my life.

2 Likes

Thats a very good question. In short, i would say: I started as a teenager because its normal to drink in our society. And, to be honest, i absolutley loved the feeling to be drunk. Later, i drank to forget the stress. And now, i’m drinking because of the overwhelming cravings or, too feel better in social situations or to be less nervous in competitive situations in darts. Sounds stupid, and i guess it is😏

1 Like

I hope so because drinking on baclofen can lead to bad places. I drank on muscle relaxers and ended up in jail.

Imma give you a hot tip tho. There is no easy way to sobriety. No matter which path you choose it requires effort and change.

8 Likes

[quote=“Englishd, post:14, topic:127409”]
I hope so because drinking on baclofen can lead to bad places. I drank on muscle relaxers and ended up in jail.[/quote]

Wow, sounds scary🤯What happened?

Well, okay. Of course, it wouldnt be easy. But i hope to find a way which is a bit easier. Easier, but not easy. I know that i have to do more than just to swallow some pills. Unfortunatley😏

So, after midnight here in middle europe, lets go for another day 1. May it be the last one

1 Like

Blacked out and woke up in jail. You’d have ask the police what happened. I was 18 at the time and it was not uncommon for me to black out.

They are both depressants so your normal amount of drinking will be greatly magnified.

1 Like

They put you in jail and didnt told you why? I which country do you live?

Really? So, i heard that you get drunk faster if you take baclofen. But thx for the warning, i will ask my doc

They may have told me but I was too drunk to remember. You will absolutely get drunk faster on baclofen. But you will also black out faster. Also mixing depressants is dangerous business.

I was charged with underage drinking only and paid a $500 fine.

1 Like

Wow, that was an expensive evening…Of course, its never a good idea to mix alcohol and medicines. So lets throw out the alcohol and let the cure begin✌️

Btw Seems that you are american. In Switzerland, there is no law against underage drinking (but its not allowed to sell alcohol to minors). You are allowed to drink as soon as you are 16 (except Spirits, to buy spirits you have to be 18 or older). When i was young, i thought that its great. Today im thinking that this is way to early. But this is a bit off topic

Legality did not really factor into my decision making. I started drinking at 10, was pretty much full blown alcoholic by 16. Heroin addict by 20. Sober at 32.

1 Like

Wow, just wow…Great to hear that you found your way out.

1 Like

You say this but also say you are drinking on a muscle relaxant. I hope you are sharing all information with your doctors. Good luck on your path

3 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help more rather than fill your body with god know what wish you well

5 Likes

Im doing a speaching therapy too. Going to forums like this one. And doing endurance sports until i cant anymore. Believe it or not, last year i ran a marathon, trained 4 Months for it, the last 3 i was completley sober. Right after the finish, i was going eating two pizzas. And two hours later, i was in the pub. I should have eaten a third one…

The Powers Dairy

Day 1

Medication: 50mg lioresal (Baclofen)
Cravings: 0/10 (absolutley no need to drink)
Feeling: :-1: (shitty, guilty, sad)
Sober: Yes😃

Still feeling bad after the last binge on saturday. Yesterday, i drank the last three beers against anxiety while watching football with a friend. Gave this friend 100 Swiss Francs and told him he can keep it when i have only one more drink this year. I hope that will help to going dry through the december who is always my worst drinking month. Cancelled the darts training today because i destroyed my contact lenses while i was drunk. My appartement looks like a pigsty. Man, i really hate day 1…Can’t wait for day 2

Picture of Day 1: Have a look at it if you struggle. Would you like to look like this tomorrow? Don’t do it…

2 Likes

Loving this part! Make it a new normal!

2 Likes