The Power goes sober

Wow, just wow…Great to hear that you found your way out.

1 Like

You say this but also say you are drinking on a muscle relaxant. I hope you are sharing all information with your doctors. Good luck on your path

3 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help more rather than fill your body with god know what wish you well

5 Likes

Im doing a speaching therapy too. Going to forums like this one. And doing endurance sports until i cant anymore. Believe it or not, last year i ran a marathon, trained 4 Months for it, the last 3 i was completley sober. Right after the finish, i was going eating two pizzas. And two hours later, i was in the pub. I should have eaten a third one…

The Powers Dairy

Day 1

Medication: 50mg lioresal (Baclofen)
Cravings: 0/10 (absolutley no need to drink)
Feeling: :-1: (shitty, guilty, sad)
Sober: Yes😃

Still feeling bad after the last binge on saturday. Yesterday, i drank the last three beers against anxiety while watching football with a friend. Gave this friend 100 Swiss Francs and told him he can keep it when i have only one more drink this year. I hope that will help to going dry through the december who is always my worst drinking month. Cancelled the darts training today because i destroyed my contact lenses while i was drunk. My appartement looks like a pigsty. Man, i really hate day 1…Can’t wait for day 2

Picture of Day 1: Have a look at it if you struggle. Would you like to look like this tomorrow? Don’t do it…

2 Likes

Loving this part! Make it a new normal!

2 Likes

Yeah, Dr. Ameisen was his name (unfortunatley, he died a few years ago) and he proofed the therapy by himself. Didnt read the book yet, but i will do these days. But i know, he totally lost his cravings and had some beautiful, healthy years before he passed away. Thats why i want to do this therapy so much, this can really be a game changer in my life. I know its a risk, but if that works, im out of the alcohol game. Its one of my biggest wishes in my life, so i go for it.

And yes, you are all right: Its not a good idea to combinate bac and alcohol. But believe me. It wasnt my intention…:smirk:

The Powers Dairy

Day 2

Feeling: :-1:
Sober: Yes

Just hanging around, no energy, feeling depressed and sick. Just hate myself, my life and most of all the damn f*** alcohol. Im done for today. See you tomorrow

The tiredness and lack of energy may be from the baclofen

5 Likes

Maybe, but i don’t think so. Five days ago, i run a HM in 1:50h (my 2nd best ever) while tooking baclofen. I guess its a lack of dopamine because of my binge. But whatever, sry, i don’t care. Just want that this days goes by.

Lack of dopamine would probably contribute to that as well

The baclofen theraphy is official authorised by the french health authority and helped thousends of people to get and stay sober. This therapy is new and the profits are not very high for the pharma. Baclofen is cheap because the patent protection has expired a long time ago. Plus: Its even forbidden in some countries to describe it off-label. So, its not very attractive for doctors to describe baclofen to alcoholics.

Btw, i dont think im something special. Im a binge drinker like millions around the world. Every one of us have his or her own way to sobriety (or to death, in worst case). Some of us believe in god, some of us believe in science when we try to get sober. But it doesnt really matter. There is only win or lose. But to me, i prefer to believe in science. Thats it…

Lets go for day 3

2 Likes

The Powers Dairy

Day 3

Feeling: :-1: (a bit less shitty)

I finally managed to get my ass up. Felt still some anxiety, but was able to do my workout today. Wasn’t very optimistic and motivated first…But then, it happened something crazy: After 10k, i didn’t want to stop running and decided spontaneous to go for the 21.1k Half Marathon Distance. I didn’t went to the limit, but at the end i was under 2 hours anyway (1:56:57 to be exatcatly). And this only four days after a massive relapse. This is a mystery to me​:thinking::exploding_head: Asking myself, how fast would i be after a few months of sobriety? 1:45h? 1:40h? Or even faster? Where is my real limit? Lets find out​:running_man::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

At home, i cleaned my appartement and now, for the first time since days, i feel a bit better. But im still a bit concerned, because tomorrow, theres a league game in darts. How the hell shall i manage the nervousness by the checkouts without drinking? Just hope that this thing with the meditation will work. Wish me luck🤞🏻

3 Likes

A trick I learned with public speaking to deal with nerves is to look in a mirror, smile and say ‘I’m excited’. Apparently the physical response to nerves and excitement is the same and you can trick yourself into believing you’re excited instead of nervous. I read it ages ago and it stuck with me, it works! It can work without a mirror too, I’ve done it where I smile and repeat I’m excited in my head. Saying it out loud (if you can do that without looking like a total lunatic) is better!

5 Likes

About your nervousness? I heard a trick one day to imagine that every one around you is naked.
It makes you smile and be aware we are all the same behind our clothes :wink:

5 Likes

@SoberWalker Ah yeah, buts, the girl from the netherlands, right? How are you, still on the waggon? Thx for the advice, i like this one. I will try to remember tonight😄

@siand Also thanks for your hint, i will also try👍

3 Likes

Day 4

Cravings: 0/10 (None)
Feeling: Very good
Sober: Yes (Yesss!!):smiley:

Anxiety after i woke up, then took the first dose of 20mg, then i felt better and i was able to do my stuff (jobsearching, office). Then took another 10mg, going to the darts local for the game. Played the first games, was a bit nervous, so i decided to take the final dose of 20mg a bit earlier today. And then, it happened something wonderful: The nervousness was nearly gone, and: I didnt cared at all about drinking and just focused on the game. Result: Our match ended with a draw, so we get unexpected point for the championsship. And, im still sober. I know its early, but is this the game changer?

3 Likes

Yes, the Dutch girl :grin: and still on the wagon.
Day 1115 today and today I do not drink.
Went to a pub yesterday with friends and everybody was drinking. I had my fresh mint tea and I had no cravings at all. I had a great time!
I still enjoy my little vicories in my new sober life.
Congratulations with your darts victory :tada:
And let’s add some more sober victories because WE CAN

3 Likes

Day 5

Cravings: 0/10 (Nothing, Nichts, Niente, Nada)
Feeling: Ok

Today was ok. Still no needing to drink, but im fighting a bit with the side effects of the lioresal (forgetfullness, lethargy in the morning and mood swings like a teenage girl).

Because of those effects, i decided to stay at 50mg at the moment and im thinking about dosing down. But lets see what tomorrow will bring.

Wish you all a nice Weekend😎

@SoberWalker I knew it😄Great job, congrats to you too. Over three years is a very big sucess, wow👍 Yeah, sober victories sounds good. But at the moment, i i would have choice between a sober loss and a drunken win, a would choose the loss. And im a sportsman and i really hate to lose…

1 Like

Day 6

Cravings: 1/10 (There was a Thought…)
Feeling: Very good

Today was great: The side effects are gone, also the anxiety. Was eating all day long (Sweets and meat), drank a lot of isotic drinks. I feel completley recovered…but i know i have to be careful: Youtube suggested me one of my favourite drinking songs, what brought me back to positive thinking about binge drinking. And this is how it starts…normally, but not this time my friends…I stay on the waggon✌️