The power of making your bed first thing in the morning

Sometimes I leave my husband’s side unmade too…but usually it’s because he’s doing no chores around the house and I’m feeling particularly grumpy about it. Oops.

“Expectations breed resentments.” But that’s a whole nuther post!!!

5 Likes

I may be sober but I still love my unmade bed life.

3 Likes

Welcome to your first post brat… Tis about time you posted :crazy_face:

I am going to start doing this!! Just have to figure out how to get my dog out of bed before work lol

3 Likes

Here is the video from which this sentiment started.
US Navy Admiral William H. McRaven

3 Likes

Have you started reading yet dutchie??

2 Likes

I had started, but then I entered a huge slump and did not think about it anymore. I’ll start reading again

1 Like

I promise , it will resonate with you. You will learn a thing or two and it will help you to get the ball rolling with good momentum. Let me know how you go.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have your bed against a wall, its bad feng shui :joy: lol

1 Like

Lol… :joy: our bed positioning is ruining our lives lol. Mine too. Mine is squished against a wall too lol :joy:

1 Like

Alas, I did lol. I always had something to redirect the blame to of my spiraling life , the feng shui of my bed. Lol :sos:

1 Like

And pending Zombie Apocalypse :smiling_imp::japanese_ogre::skull::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol.

1 Like

I wish lol

@anon89207786 I have also found this seemingly trivial thing to truly give my attitude a boost! I wake up most mornings in my default “ugh” state of mind. I don’t feel like doing ANYTHING. But somewhere along the way I learned that taking action in spite of lacking motivation, will help me get out of my negativity. I don’t have to feel like it in order to do it anyway. And it’s been my experience that where my feet go, my heart will follow (eventually.)
Ive had struggles with depression since I was a kid, and this was one of the first things i was able to do to really help myself. It is powerful, indeed! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes