The prison of addiction

Hey its me, im a demerol addicted, it kind of drugs that injected through the vein,
There was a dark day that ive met a toxic friend befor 5 years, he had hurt me in a many several ways but i was too damn stupid not to leaving him and abandon this toxic a friendship, he was giving me signs that he is not a good friend at all i tried to leave him more than once but i never made it happen at the end,
Anyway
About a year ago he was trying to convince me to try a new drug that he experienced it, he was talking about the pleasure of the this drug all the time i kept refusing it i really tried to convince him not to use it again, he promised me several time that he would not use it again but he kept breaking his promises and kept trying to make me inject it and someday he succeed it, it was the day that my life gone into another direction, and i am addicted for 9 months now i ended our friendship and headed to quit this nightmare, i hate my self every time i use it again but the desire keep dragging me down, only the lord can help me now its my 5th day clean and i wish ill never go back

14 Likes

As long as you keep pushin forward and keep goin, you’ll succeed

Thank you for you heart warming words, :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for your support i hope ill success

Welcome to the community @Zeroking !
Congratulations on 5 days, that’s amazing. It sounds like you’ve made the right choice by bresking off from that toxic person. Here you will find lots supportive and understanding people to help you build your sober community, we can all do this together :muscle:

Yes truly this comunity have much kind people like you are,
I cant join an groups so i hope i can get help here
My real challenge start from the 6th day i hope i can make it through

1 Like

Stay strong, @Zeroking ! We are all rooting for you :heart:

@Zeroking Good on you for 5 days and for seeking support here, I know you will succeed, but don’t be hard on yourself. It just takes one day at a time and you will get there xo

I really apreciate your support miss,
I hope i can make it and return to being good
Addiction really really ruined my life, im in the bottom of misrability now, i hope i can leave this darkness behind,

2 Likes

Yes you are right i have to protect every day and i will be through if the god helps me and i hope he will, and thank you for your kindness

2 Likes

your story is very compelling, and I am inspired by the high level of self awareness you demonstrated through this toxic friendship, knowing it wasn’t right, knowing the drugs were also wrong, even attempting to convince him not to use, etc. so you’re coming into sobriety with an enormous depth of self preservation and righteous action that you had all along - lean on that. i’m proud of you for finally ending the friendship, that also takes so much courage. you clearly have what it takes to stay sober!! keep coming here and reaching out when it gets tough - you really do not ever have to go back. thanks for being here! you’re worth it :pray:t3: