The Puppy from Hell

As some of you may know we lost KT our Border Collie on Valentines day.
By the grace of god and with a serious input from Lucifer we picked up Aengus latter that day (long story).
I say Lucifer had a major input as Gus is the puppy from hell.
So far there is nothing that he can reach that hasn’t been chewed, nowhere is sacred, not even the toilet (I thought our cats were bad) and every time I turn around he’s there like a second shadow.
Don’t get me wrong He’s the best thing since, sliced bread, but, after having had 9 pups before (including 4 Staffordshire Bull Terriers, one who had a litter of 8 pups) He is the naughtiest puppy we’ve had.
I’ll keep this as a diary of his progress to becoming the monster his paws predict, especially any of his more extreme antics, I hope it may shed a bit of light on any dark day your going through, may your god go with you.
So here we go:

29 Likes

Sharing empathy, as someone who has tried to raise another helll hound. A Hungarian Vizsla called Maggie. It took me a while to realise that it was not just my inexperience with puppies, we actually had a dog that was part demon. She was 2 in November and she is now manageable the majority of the time! It has been a very good lesson in lowering expectations and finding acceptance.

We had scratched doors, had to replace handles with door knobs because she worked out how to use out the handles after about a month, ripped up carpets and furniture destroyed. I had bruises all over my arms and legs from the biting - turning around just got me bruises on the backs of my legs too. Plus lots of barking and very little sleeping.

Still they make up for it in cuteness :heart_eyes:

Also sorry about KT. Our last dog was a borde collie and she was the sweetest.

8 Likes

What a beautiful idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I will love to follow how he grows up and becomes a naughty teenager :face_with_hand_over_mouth::wink:

4 Likes

We had a Lurcher, Banjo, who worked out how to open doors, so we ended up turning the locks upside down, so you had to lift the handle to open the doors instead of pushing down, really fucked with visitors minds :grin:

7 Likes

I just cant get past the fact that he has a heart shaped nose…cuteness overload…

6 Likes

He hasn’t chewed up the pillow… yet.
He hasn’t chewed up the blanket… yet.
I have a friend who had the dogs from hell one time he would come home and they would be chewing the siding off of his house. Seriously.
Anyway they ended up being very mellow bed pups for a long life.
Well I do think it took two years before they would come inside, they wanted to stay outside in the yard and be wild girls.

5 Likes

Look at his blaze it’s like a arrow pointing to his nose!

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be toooo bad really as he’s got Dylan (4 years old Huntaway) to show him the ropes, if he’s willing to learn, but I’ll keep you posted :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have a couple of chewers too. They’re 9 and 10 now but can still chew through a toy in 10 mins flat… the only thing I’ve ever found they can chew for hours BUT is small enough where they can’t get a paw on it to destroy are the orange rubber “Chuck it” balls! I’m not sure if they have them where you are but good luck if you try.

Btw he is SO FREAKING CUTE AND FLUFFY :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh look at the sweet puppy!! That face!! We have a new puppy who will be 3 months next week. Aggravating and lots of work…but not too bad. I will eagerly follow your story and commiserate as needed.

4 Likes

We thought about seeing if another dog might calm Mags down but older rescues normally have their own issues and we also thought there is a very large possibility she would corrupt them. Definitely couldn’t get a younger dog at this point for that reason. She is better but she is no role model :rofl:

4 Likes

Hope you don’t mind me posting but this popped up on my Facebook memories from two years ago. Maggie at her cutest - also when she was peak demon :rofl:

7 Likes

Holy crap! Her feet are huge. How big did she end of being? That is a gorgeous breed but holy moly lots of energy.

3 Likes

She’s going to be a monster with paws that size :joy:

1 Like

6 Likes

A rare quiet moment, a “Dog nut” .
Probably the best thing we’ve bought for him, £11.99 from Amazon.
If you ever get one, they come vaccume packed and are best washed and tumble dried to get the doughnut shape, otherwise it looks like a doughnut that’s been sat on by a Sumo wrestler :innocent:&:smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Playing with Dylan and generally being naughty.
Gus is coming up 10 weeks and has put on 1.4 kg or 3 lbs weighing in at 6.3 kg or 13lb 14oz :blush:

5 Likes

His name, ‘Aengus’ is pronounced either as Angus (Scottish) or En-gis (Irish).
Aengus is the Celtic God of Youth, Love, Summer and Poetic Inspiration, and seeing as we got him on Valentines day it seemed appropriate, anyway in just over a week it’s gone to Gus or many other expletives :roll_eyes::blush:

1 Like

Aengus now weighs in at a whopping 10.2kg (22½lbs) and he’s only just turned 13 weeks old. His projected final weight is 22kg (48½lbs) if it’s right he’s going to be a monster.
Gets to go out for his first walk tomorrow which will be interesting :blush:

9 Likes

Give them all a cuddle and a scratch from me! How are your shoes doing with the puppy? :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like