The return with a double day 1!

And I am officially back!
To the friends I’ve made here, I’ve missed yas! To anyone new, I look forward to meeting you!

I had some good time under my belt, but fell back into the bottle head first over a stupid choice, then just lond of swam around in it for awhile.
Kind of had that old mentality of “yeah, I got this, I’m in controll!” … yeah, no… no I wasnt haha.
It wasnt long at all before I was right back to where I started, blowing all my cash on drinks, stumbling home at the end of the night, waking up feeling gross and just repeating the cycle on pretty much a daily basis.
Started to loose focus of everything I worked so hard for during the time I was sober and worse of all started to loose myself.

Well, enough is enough and i am back!
The booze is gone!
And after I got out of bed today and had my shower I popped a nicotine patch onto my shoulder!

Here’s to my double day 1 and glad to be back!

25 Likes

Your new office looks certainly very different!

Oh it’s a huge difference!
Though thay pic isnt taken from my office, I always start my shift in a different section to help out

2 Likes

Good luck! I am also back!.
Trying to achieve that this time it is going to be the definitive one, but no thinking in longer basis: day a day, and not hearing bad internal voices.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Welcome back!
Day by day is the way to take it.
It’s just like walking. When we go for a walk we may have a destination in mind but we can only get there one step at a time.
Glad your back! We got this!

2 Likes

I’m glad you were able to make it back Justin. It was great to see Rhune. I was hoping the cat dragged you in as well :heart_eyes_cat:
Seriously glad you made it back. And thanks for enforcing the notion that maybe “I got this.” Because I’m pretty sure I don’t.

Good luck with the cigs too. I always kept a good size McDonald’s straw cut in half in my mouth and sucked fresh air. And lots of water. And kept worry beads in my pocket to keep my hands busy.
:pray::purple_heart::cactus:

3 Likes

Hell yeah man! Glad to see you back, proud of you.

1 Like

Welcome back sir!
You got this
Keep on truckin
And we support you doing good things for yourself because they’re good :ok_hand::muscle:

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Feels great to be back on the right path again.
I’m gonna try and be as active as I was before on here, though my new job does keep me pretty busy, but I’ll he sure to at least check in everyday

4 Likes

Welcome back man!

1 Like

Welcome back, friend!

1 Like

Welcome back ! You were missed on the metal thread :wink::metal:t2:

1 Like

Oh you can be sure I will be dropping some posts there soon!

1 Like