The savings of sobriety

I did the math, I would wake up every morning and drink a pint of vodka $10 and I would maintain by pouring out of a handle throughout the day which was a full handle every 2 days $25. That’s just the baseline. $10 a day is $3650 plus a $25 handle every other day is $4550. $8220 a year not including the money spent on other drinks at bars. So call it an even $10,000 a year saved.

18 Likes

There is a cool function on the app where you can add you daily amount spent and it keeps a running tally of your savings. Here is mine…

9 Likes

Haha I wish I had known sooner I hate doing math. Thank you for showing me. That’s why I love this community.

7 Likes

Wow thats some impressive savings! And way to go @Its_me_Stella on your savings! I just checked mine out now and im shocked also lol its crazy to think how much we have spent on doing damage to ourselves. Thankfully this is no longer the case :slight_smile: This is mine over the course of 381 days!

11 Likes

That savings adds up quickly. Reading your post reminded me that I had entered my daily spend on the app during set up. I’m coming up on 3.5 years and saved over $75K. That’s insane.

10 Likes

It always blows my mind…

Between my old cigarette habit (long gone) and drinking (pretty long gone), I have saved more than $110,000!

Plus it also blows my mind that my numbers are now exactly 3,000 days apart!

10 Likes

Just thinking about it the other day! Saved over $17,000 (and thats probably a conservative number!)

11 Likes

I’m at $7200 in savings coming up on 2 years. That’s way low because it doesn’t account for all the takeout and other BS I spent money on while toasted. So. Many. Benefits. To. Sobriety!

10 Likes

I love seeing this, way to go everyone! The misses and I have saved over 5 grand in 8 months! 20$ a day adds up fast :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

8 Likes

That’s the other thing. You don’t think of all the dumb shit you buy when you’re half in the wrapper.

7 Likes

$155,000 after 5.33 years.

13 Likes

8 Likes

It’s awesome seeing all of this. It’s another reason to keep going day by day.

Hey there everyone. I thought I would post tonight while I got a chance too because I am just sitting here :chair: waiting for the night :night_with_stars: :bridge_at_night: shift to start @ UPS. so I can get some extra hours in I really need to money :money_mouth_face: :moneybag: :dollar: :money_with_wings: right now so I can get my car :red_car: on the road :motorway: and go pay BMV off :hugs: i sm super excited to start driving again it’s been 9 long years since I’ve been on the road pretty much and it’s driving me crazy lol but I’ve almost gained that sense of independence finally and the freedom. Which is a great feeling to have. But also this post is to show the screenshot of what statistics on how much money I have saved on not buying or spending my money on DOPE like I used too. But in just a 81 day stretch look how much money I have saved it’s truly amazing the difference I am beyond words on this :partying_face: I hope everyone’s having a swell day! Tomorrow I get to see my son and that means one day closer to may 22 in getting him back finally!!!

7 Likes

Well done!! :ok_hand:

It’s crazy how much we’d spend isn’t?

I may not have a ton in savings, but I have not overdrawn my account since I quit! That’s a double win! :grin::hugs::money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

It really is amazing how much money we blow on our addictions. I also have a large number for my statistics. All the money i used to spend on dope is noe going to paying off debts and to stay on top of bills and food and things we need around the home. It feels good to adult :slight_smile: Congratulations on all of ur successes since getting clean. Uv made huge progress in such a short amount of time :slight_smile: its nice to see that.

4 Likes

I underbid too, no doubt.

1 Like