The Stand-Stephen King Book/Mini-Series

I know what you mean!!

The Stand was my first story about a virus that wipes out civilization … and it started an obsession. I love the concept.

3 Likes

I also enjoy apocalyptic novels. I am currently reading Nora Roberts trilogy (Chronicles of The One) that is kind of a tribute to The Stand and King with fantasy thrown in. I loved book 1, am enjoying book 2, but not as much…tho that could just be my poor attention span lately.

Also in that genre are these novels I adored:

*Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

*Into the Forest by Jean Hegland

*The Passage (also a trilogy) by Justin Cronin

2 Likes

It looks like I’ve got some reading to do! Thank you Sassy! I love that genre.

1 Like

Those all sound good I’ll have to download em. I’m currently reading the series by james axler called the deathlands

2 Likes

I was going to suggest Station Eleven myself. I’ll check out the other ones you mention!

2 Likes

Okay @SassyRocks @Dazercat @SoberWalker @VSue @Fury @Vicious805 I can’t take it anymore…just a wee bit spoiler k? Nadine EMBRACES her role with Flagg this week! Different twist than the old mini-series! She looks at herself in the mirror and looks beautiful to herself but what she really looks like is death while pregnant!

5 Likes

I like how they’ve been telling the story in the new version. Acting is good, and I kinda like flagg. I never read the book, but I watched the original series and like both. Very good show.

1 Like

The outsider is a good show to. Great acting

1 Like

I loved the book, slow at times but crazy amount of details. I’ve only seen the first episode of the new series, and I can already tell it won’t measure up to the book, so I’ll probably stop watching.

The quality between the outsider book/show was much closer

2 Likes

Ah… the Universe always delivers. I’m packing up our home to move and am going through my books. I literally just took a break and was reading your post.

I’ve been hauling my uncut, limited edition version of The Stand around since 1990. I was asking myself, “Do I keep it? Try to sell it? Donate it?”

Well, I hope it enjoys our new house! :rofl:

2 Likes

Acting is good! I agree. I have likes and dislikes for both. The book is good :+1:

The show is a bit vague. But, stick with it. You might like it. I don’t hang HBO yet but when I do, I’m going to watch the outsiders. I’m intrigued.

What a crazy coincidence! How funny! I wish I still had my original book. You’re lucky!

1 Like

I got rid of my similar collection when I moved. Do you want to sell yours? I am serious!

2 Likes

Hi! I sure do. Are you interested in only the Stephen King hardbacks? I’m glad to do an inventory for you.

1 Like

I will PM you!

I don’t like the way they’re jumping around in time.

1 Like

You know what Xenu? I thought the SAME thing at first! That seems to be the style of all the shows and movies right now! have you noticed? It’s a very “Pulp Fiction” kinda feel. It’s true the old one didn’t do that and did have a great flow to it. Definitely a down-side in my opinion too.

In my opinion, pulp fiction and lost are the only ones to do it right.

1 Like