The start of sober me....🙏 Day 3/4

Day 4…after the struggles of day 2, reaching out here gave me some really lovely and kind words of support.

Those words gave me strength to keep fighting and stay strong… And in that, yesterday (day 3) was spent walking the coast and chips on the beach!
It was a perfect day, the air so light, so blue… The sun strong in the sky, a warmth upon my face, waves crashing against the rocks. I took my boots off and evening walked along the shore - the water so cold but so beautiful :yellow_heart:

Yesterday was a wonderful day…

Today, the weather polar opposite, grey skies full of rain, wind howling…so a rainy Sunday, relaxing with candles lit, a gentle reminder that while life has many ups and downs and grey days happen, to be grateful for the days when the sun shines and warms the soul. For they’re the days that will carry your through! :yellow_heart:

Here’s to a day 4 of gratitude and calm :pray:

17 Likes

This is beautiful my friend. I miss the seaside! It’s been such a rubbish year here in the UK I haven’t been able to visit the coast like I would of. It sounds like you are being very gentle with yourself… this makes me happy! Great share, thank you! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you Blondie1x
It sure has been a tough year here… But in taking therapy earlier this year, after a complete mental breakdown… I learned that I have to be kinder to myself, to be gentler and ease up my expectations that I put on myself.
So I’ve spent the last few months just no planning waking each day and running with the feel…listening to my body, what it needs and wants rather than what others think I should be and do.
I used to put everyone’s needs before my own… But I’m slowly learning to say no. It’s OK it I make plans but then have a change of heart. It’s really wonderful and freeing :yellow_heart:

When I first discovered boundaries and how to use them early on into my journey it was a revaluation! It is unbelievable the pressure that we put on ourselves and the stress that it brings trying to please everyone else. I’m glad that you are working on being kinder to yourself, it is such a big part of it all for me. On here early on (2weeks or so in) someone gave me the advice to be gentle and kind to myself and to treat myself like I had the flu. Warm baths, long naps healthy nutritious meals and plenty of water. It resonated in me and I have taken that advice and use it everyday. I’m now at nearly 500 days!! Have you met any in happy people yet, when they see the boundaries you have put in place.oooo my in laws freaking hate me now I’m sure! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::rofl::rofl::woman_shrugging:t3: it’s a shock to some of the people in our lives but by god does it feel good!!! Lol :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

@Smith18 God speed to you.

1 Like

I think that’s very sound advice…@blondie1x, It’s also something I now do daily, although in the two weeks leading up to my joining here… I’d forgotten my self care and alcohol was consumed, initially just one… Then two then three… Until I had a bottle after a difficult day not enjoying a single drop… The next morning I was under this heavy cloud, hurting inside… Crying on the outside… Since then my self are has been back… Im just finishing my 4th day and I just feel so much better. I love me again :pray::yellow_heart:

Boundaries are something I’ve never had until earlier this year, and I think it was really difficult to implement them for others to deal with… But for me the pain and discomfort of not having them was literally killing me from the inside. Taking a complete mental breakdown to make me see that it wasn’t something I could keep doing. I was lucky enough to have this person that guided me :yellow_heart:

1 Like

finding g the hope in every day :pray:

I’m glad that you have managed to get good help and advice. Thanks for being here with us, it’s great to read your story and see the work you’re putting in. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you… And thank you for sharing with me also :pray:

1 Like