The Strava thread

Also it has two separate grades over 20% and one over 25.

Holy chit mang. 20% is brutal.

My suggestion is to go on a crash diet! Kidding.
Spinning an easy gear is the best way up hills. Dont try to power through at a low cadence (pedal speed) spinning faster uses your heart more, or i should say uour cardiovascular system, where that low cadence stress your muscles more.

1 Like

Hey @Englishd, have you guys seen the hill I climb on my runs? 300 ft over 0.6 mile. At its steepest 33% grade. It’s wicked brutal.

I have. I’d probably flip over backwards on it if I tried to take my bike up it lol.

Show off :rofl:

1 Like

Damn! Thats close to a wall!

1 Like

It’s only for about 15 feet. It’s after a relatively flat part of the run, so it’s definitely not as hard as the constant trudging uphill.

Thats still a steep bit!!

Its really pretty flat here. There are a couple of little kickers ive done repeats on when ive felt motivated, but thats not very often. I dont really have the time on the weekends for it.

1 Like

OMG, we just had a 5K obstacle run with lots of hills and mud pits so deep my hip popped trying to pull my leg out. We barely ran any of it but my calves and legs are letting me know they worked hard today.

3 Likes

I blew a tire on Sunday and have been slacking my ass off. Hopefully getting my bike fixed tomorrow. If it’s done in time I got a nice 60 miler planned.

@jante76 I have questions about zwift. Basically how much am I going to spend? I’m guessing you need a decent internet connection?

Hey buddy. I blew a tire too last week. Thing had like no miles on it too. Sucked. I havent ridden since sunday. Been busy with my dad though.

Do you have a saddle bag with a spare tube or anything?

Zwift raised their prices last winter. I think its close to 15 a month now. Trainer road has an online program for workouts for like $10 a month. Itll create a whole season for you. Its pretty slick if youre motivated!

I think zwift might have a free 40km trial. Maybe.

I just like all the real world places you can ride

Super sick right now. I skipped my run this morning to sleep.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to help maintain focus:

You’ll have to develop a breathing pattern. I try to breath every third step. Breathing on an odd number allows you to make sure you compress your lungs/diaphragm evenly through your run. If you only breath out while landing on one foot, it can lead towards cramping or deoxygenation.

Just think: breath, step, step, breath, step, step… etc. Just make sure it’s an odd number. I think 3 is perfect. Not sure what other people do. With enough thinking it, you get into a zone and just auto-pilot your run. I love the runs when I just go out and get lost in thought, not thinking about running.

Ok. I’m here.

2 Likes

Don’t make fun of me, guys. You all are beasts. I just ran-ish for the first time in 19 years. Going to try to make it a thing, i guess. Gotta get this phat ass in shape.

3 Likes

Yep. Ashley Sampson, Washington

1 Like

3.2 miles in 25 mins :v:

1 Like

No dog today shaved 6 minutes off my 2 miles.

3 Likes