The struggle is relentless; almost seems never ending

Being sober for the past 32 days has been a mixture of not a problem at all, to feelings of being by myself through this journey; but feelings of isolation make it harder when my whole family and partner continue to use. Even though it’s just weed/ect, it’s still really hard. It gets so exhausting. I have hope but I still feel myself struggling emotionally. And even though I have reached out to dhs to figure out what’s going on I still haven’t heard from them, and that’s the main reason for my sobriety and limits. I just don’t know. But I hope and pray for the best.

5 Likes

You got this!!! I also have people around me who still use… bf included…few reasons my relapses were so easy, but we have to do it for our little ones to offer them the best us… your doing great!!! Keep taking your steps and day by day you will get all your goals your pushing for. Praying with you and for you.

2 Likes

Willpower can only take us so far. Boundaries like @Donut89 said are pretty much necessary, especially in early sobriety. Best wishes to you

2 Likes

Exactly what @Donut89 said! Boundaries are essential as part of our journey. Your sobriety comes first. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! This really helps c: